Download and install Lineage OS 15.0 Oreo ROM on Moto E 2013 first gen
This tutorial is about , download and install Lineage OS 15.0 Android 8.0 Oreo ROM on Moto E 2013 first gen.
First unofficial Lineage OS 15.0 ROM based Android 8.0 Oreo ROM for Motorola Moto E 2013 first gen is released. If you own a Moto E 2013 first gen then this guide is of your interest, now you enjoy Android Oreo feature enriched Lineage OS 15 ROM on older Moto E 2013 first gen. The Lineage OS 15.0 ROM for Moto E 2013 first gen brings exciting new Android 8.0 Oreo features in it, just visit the link to see complete Oreo ROM features. This is an alpha build but most of the features are working fine and the developer “Anderson mendes” at XDA will keep on updating builds until stable one is released.
The process to flash Lineage OS 15.0 on Moto E 2013 first gen is very easy infact you need to pay attentions on the instructions below. If you are interested in flashing the ROM on your device just follow the instructions below. For your ease we also mentioned the guide to install TWRP recovery on your device as well. The process to install Lineage OS 15.0 ROM on all LG devices is almost the same but we changed it where it was needed.
Process to install Lineage OS 15.0 ROM Android Oreo on Moto E 2013 first gen
Some pre-requisites before you begin:
- Your device battery should be in good health (70%) to avoid the shutting down while in flashing process.
- Your device bootloader should be unlocked else you cannot go for the installation process, so follow this guide to unlock it right away.
- A TWRP custom recovery must be installed on your device, if you haven’t, follow this guide to install it.
- Create a Nandroid back up of important data including complete System with all apps and messages, follow this guide to create a Nandroid backup via TWRP recovery.
- Upgrade latest USB drivers for your device on PC. Download latest Motorola USB drivers here [For a stable PC-phone connection].
- Download Lineage OS 15.0 Oreo ROM for Moto E 2013 first gen. Grab it here [Pick up the latest build]
- Download Lineage OS 15.0 Google Apps
- Now transfer both file on your device storage.
- Turn off your device and reboot into TWRP recovery. (Follow this guide to see how to do that)
- Once your device boots into recovery mode then follow this guide to flash Lineage OS 15.0 on your Moto E 2013 first gen via TWRP recovery.
Solution to a failed boot issue.
Follow this guide to solve the bootloop issue. [If you think your device stuck at boot animation for quite a long time]
Enable Root Access for Apps.
That’s it! If you have successfully installed the ROM on your device. Give us your feedback about Lineage OS 15.0 ROM on your Moto E 2013 first gen and stay tuned for more updates.