LineageOS 16 nightly ROM for Pixel 3 XL is now available, thanks to an XDA member “Josh1x” for presenting the ROM to the users. Pixel 3 XL is the 2018 flagship from Google and already running Android Pie OS but still if you are interested to flash Lineage OS 16 ROM for Pixel 3 XL then we have got you covered. In this guide we are going to demonstrate the whole process to download and install LineageOS 16 ROM for Pixel 3 XL.
The LineageOS 16 ROM is based on Android 9.0 Pie that retains stock interface, you can access every features that you were previously using on stock 9.0 Pie ROM. The release of lineageOS 16 ROM may not attract many Pixel 3 XL users because they are already running stock Pie update on their devices released by Google. But still if you are a custom ROM lover then LineageOS ROM is the best choice.
In fact LineageOS 16 for Pixel 3 XL is pretty simple and light with more customizable feature that are not available on stock ROMs. So if you wish to install unofficial Lineage OS 16 Nightly on Pixel 3 XL then you can follow the complete guide below.
Note: If you are new to the custom ROM installation process then we recommend you to carefully follow the whole process in sequence.
Download LineageOS 16 for Pixel 3 XL
Note: As you must know that we are going to install Lineage OS 16 on Pixel 3 XL so custom ROM will replace the stock firmware. We advice you to think twice before proceeding to the ROM installation process, performing custom operation with Android is always risky so Team at Droidvendor will not held responsible for any damage. If you think you are all set to go then just start the following the instruction to download and install LineageOS 16 custom ROM on Pixel 3 XL.
Make sure you met all these requirements:
- Your device battery should be in good health (70%) to avoid the shutting down while in flashing process.
- You will need to connect your device to PC multiple times so for a smooth connection we recommend you that you own a PC with latest USB drivers installed on it. Don’t worry if you haven’t, you can download latest Google USB drivers on PC from here
- Sometime the PC doesn’t recognize your phone until you enable USB debugging on your device. To enable them just head to Settings > Developer options > USB debugging.
- Note: If you can’t see the Developer options in settings menu, then you need to enable them. Go to Settings > About device > Tap the build number 7 times until it says ‘You are now a Developer’.
- Now there is the main operation that you need to perform on your device for making modification on an Android device. The manufacturer provides Bootloader on each device that is locked by default for security, because manufacturer don’t want that someone interfere with the system on the device. But to install LineageOS 16 custom ROM on Pixel 3 XL there is no option except unlocking it, so we have posted a guide on that as well. Just follow the guide to unlock bootloader on Pixel 3 XL.
To install LineageOS 16 ROM on Pixel 3 XL you will need to install the latest TWRP custom recovery on your phone, if you haven’t grab the TWRP recovery from here and then follow this guide to install it.
Once custom recovery is installed on your device then we recommend you to create a Nandroid backup of previously installed firmware, this is optional if you accidental goof up the process while installing custom ROM you would have a secure backup to restore. The great news is that on creating Nandroid backup it will also save other data including complete firmware with all apps, settings and messages etc, follow this guide to create a Nandroid backup via TWRP recovery.
Now it sounds like you are all done with the pre-requisites section, just head to the download and install section below.
Download LineageOS 16 Gapps [Opengapps]
Now transfer both file on your device storage.
Process to install LineageOS 16 on Pixel 3 XL
Turn off your device and reboot into TWRP recovery. To do so, press and hold Volume down + Power button at the same time.
Once your device boots into recovery mode then follow this guide to flash LineageOS 16 on your Pixel 3 XL via TWRP recovery.
Solution to a failed boot issue.
Follow this guide to solve the bootloop issue. [If you think your device stuck at boot animation for quite a long time]
That’s it! If you have successfully installed the ROM on your device. Give us your feedback about LineageOS 16 ROM on your Pixel 3 XL and stay tuned for more updates.