Team Lineage OS has released it’s official Lineage OS 14.1 nightly updates for a bunch of remaining LG devices. T-Mobile LG V20 owners are also lucky one to get the Lineage OS 14.1 build for their device. If you own a T-Mobile LG V20 H918 and looking for a easiest method to install official Lineage OS 14.1 nightly on your device then you are at the right place. We have been posting tutorial to install official Lineage OS 14.1 build for multiple LG device and now following the same process we are going to install official Lineage OS 14.1 on T-Mobile LG V20 H918.
LG V20 is a beast device released back in September 2016, it is equipped with a boosting hardware capable of running Android 7.1.1 Nougat firmware smoothly. LG V20 was running Android 7.0 Nougat out of the box but if you wish to install the latest version of Android, Android 7.1.1 Nougat firmware via Lineage OS 14.1 ROM then follow the guide below.
The process to flash official Lineage OS 14.1 on LG V20 H918 is not a very difficult task infact you need to pay attentions on the instructions below. If you have a custom recovery like TWRP recovery installed on your device already then all you need to do is just flash the ROM zip from recovery along latest Lineage OS gapps and that’s it. For your ease we also mentioned the guide to install TWRP recovery on your device as well.
Note: The process to install Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on all devices is almost the same so we use the same process for other LG devices as well.
Process to install official Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on T-Mobile LG V20 H918
Some pre-requisites before you begin:
- Your device battery should be in good health (70%) to avoid the shutting down while in flashing process.
- A TWRP custom recovery must be installed on your device, if you haven’t, follow this guide to install it.
- Create a Nandroid back up of important data including complete System with all apps and messages, follow this guide to create a Nandroid backup via TWRP recovery.
- Upgrade latest USB drivers for your device on PC. Download latest LG USB drivers here [For a stable PC-phone connection].
- Download Lineage OS 14.1 ROM for LG V20 H918 [Pick up the latest build]
- Download Lineage OS 14.1/Android 7.1.x Google Apps
- Now transfer both file on your device storage.
- Turn off your device and reboot into TWRP recovery.
- Once your device boots into recovery mode then follow this guide to flash Lineage OS 14.1 on your LG V20 H918 via TWRP recovery.
Solution to a failed boot issue.
Follow this guide to solve the bootloop issue. [If you think your device stuck at boot animation for quite a long time]
Enable Root Access for Apps.
That’s it! If you have successfully installed official Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on your T-Mobile LG V20 H918, give us your feedback and stay tuned for more updates.