Download and install Lineage OS 15.0 on LG G6 h870
This tutorial is about , download and install Lineage OS 15.0 Android 8.0 Oreo ROM on LG G6 h870.
LG G6 is among those lucky devices that are listed as eligible for Android 8.0 Oreo release, the company is testing Oreo update for both latest flagships LG G6 and LG V30 devices. The Oreo roll out will take some time for the roll out till then impatient users have found perfect doze in the form of Lineage OS 15.0 ROM that gives you glimpse of Android 8.0 Oreo update before it is released.
The Lineage OS 15.0 ROM for LG G6 H870 brings exciting new Android 8.0 Oreo features in it, just visit the link to see complete Oreo ROM features. This is an alpha build that mean you cannot fully rely on this ROM as daily driver but the developer “J0SH1X” at XDA will keep on updating builds until stable one is released.
The process to flash Lineage OS 15.0 on LG G6 h870 is very easy infact you need to pay attentions on the instructions below. If you are interested in flashing the ROM on your device just follow the instructions below. For your ease we also mentioned the guide to install TWRP recovery on your device as well. The process to install Lineage OS 15.0 ROM on all LG devices is almost the same but we changed it where it was needed.
Process to install Lineage OS 15.0 ROM Android Oreo on LG G6 h870
Some pre-requisites before you begin:
- Your device battery should be in good health (70%) to avoid the shutting down while in flashing process.
- A TWRP custom recovery must be installed on your device, if you haven’t, follow this guide to install it.
- Create a Nandroid back up of important data including complete System with all apps and messages, follow this guide to create a Nandroid backup via TWRP recovery.
- Upgrade latest USB drivers for your device on PC. Download latest LG USB drivers here [For a stable PC-phone connection].
- Download Lineage OS 15.0 ROM for LG G6 h870 [Pick up the latest build]
- Download Lineage OS 15.0 Google Apps
- Now transfer both file on your device storage.
- Turn off your device and reboot into TWRP recovery. (Follow this guide to see how to do that)
- Once your device boots into recovery mode then follow this guide to flash Lineage OS 15.0 on your LG G6 h870 via TWRP recovery.
Solution to a failed boot issue.
Follow this guide to solve the bootloop issue. [If you think your device stuck at boot animation for quite a long time]
Enable Root Access for Apps.
That’s it! If you have successfully installed the ROM on your device. Give us your feedback about Lineage OS 15.0 ROM on your LG G6 h870 and stay tuned for more updates.