Download & install Lineage OS 15 ROM on Nexus 7 2013 [Android 8.0 Oreo]
Lineage OS 15.0 ROM for Nexus 7 2013 is released. Now you can easily download and install Lineage OS 15 ROM on Nexus 7 2013. The Nexus 7 2013 as the name represent is a pretty old Nexus phablet released in 2013 but still it is popular for being a development friendly device, that’s the reason now we can see development has been started already for Nexus 7 2013. As we mentioned above, the first unofficial Lineage OS 15 ROM has been released for Nexus 7 2013, if you are planning to install custom ROM on your device then we are going to help you that.
The purpose of writing this tutorial is to help you in installing lineage os 15 rom on your Nexus 7 2013. As you already know CyanogenMod ROM is dead already and Lineage OS continues its legacy and picks up where CM left off with version 15. We have still a download archive where you will find hundreds of official CM builds. The lineage os 15 ROM for Nexus 7 2013 is based on Android 8.0 Oreo that brings major Oreo features such as Split screen, Picture In Picture mode, Notification Dots, improved doze mode and much more.
You may also like:
Download install Lineage OS 15.0 ROM for Nexus 7 2013
Some pre-requisites before you begin:
- Your device battery should be in good health (70%) to avoid the shutting down while in flashing process.
- Bootloader on Nexus 7 must be unlocked or follow this guide to unlock it.
- A TWRP custom recovery must be installed on your device, if you haven’t, follow this guide to install it.
- Create a Nandroid back up of important data including complete System with all apps and messages, follow this guide to create a Nandroid backup via TWRP recovery.
- Upgrade latest USB drivers for your device on PC. Download latest Nexus USB drivers here [For a stable PC-phone connection].
- Unofficial Lineage OS 15.0 ROM for Nexus 7 2013. Download, Development page
- Download Lineage OS 15.0 Google Apps
- Now transfer both file on your device storage.
Process to install lineage os 15 rom on Nexus 7 2013
- Turn off your device and reboot into TWRP recovery.
- Once your device boots into recovery mode then follow this guide to flash Lineage OS 15.0 on your Nexus 7 2013 via TWRP recovery.
Solution to a failed boot issue.
Follow this guide to solve the bootloop issue. [If you think your device stuck at boot animation for quite a long time]
Enable Root Access for Apps.
That’s it! If you have successfully installed the ROM on your device. Give us your feedback about Lineage OS 15.0 ROM on your Nexus 7 2013 and stay tuned for more updates.