This tutorial is about, how to download and install official Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on Vibe K5/K5 Plus code name ‘a6020’. The official Lineage OS 14.1 nightly builds are now rolling out for Vibe K5 and K5 Plus, earlier we have posted same guide on Lenovo Vibe Z2 pro. Now Team Lineage OS has started the regular nightly build for Vibe K5/K5 Plus, the ROM is based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat that brings latest version of Android on your device along handful of new features. The Android 7.1.1 Nougat for Vibe K5 via Lineage OS 14.1 ROM is pretty stable though you can use it as daily drivers so if you are planning to install this ROM then follow the detailed instructions below.
The process to flash official Lineage OS 14.1 on Vibe K5/K5 Plus is not a very difficult task infact you need to pay attentions on the instructions below. If you have a custom recovery like TWRP recovery installed on your device already then all you need to do is just flash the ROM zip from recovery along latest Lineage OS gapps and that’s it. For your ease we also mentioned the guide to install TWRP recovery on your device as well. The process to install Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on all devices is almost the same so we use the same process for Vibe K5/K5 Plus as well.
Process to install official Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on Vibe K5/K5 Plus
Some pre-requisites before you begin:
- Your device battery should be in good health (70%) to avoid the shutting down while in flashing process.
- A TWRP custom recovery must be installed on your device, if you haven’t, follow this guide to install it.
- Create a Nandroid back up of important data including complete System with all apps and messages, follow this guide to create a Nandroid backup via TWRP recovery.
- Upgrade latest USB drivers for your device on PC. Download latest Lenovo USB drivers here [For a stable PC-phone connection].
Visit the links below and pick up the latest build of Lineage OS 14.1.
- Download Lineage OS 14.1 ROM zip for Vibe K5/K5 Plus
- Download Lineage OS 14.1/Android 7.1.x Google Apps
Now transfer both file on your device storage.
- Turn off your device and reboot into TWRP recovery.
- If you don’t know how to reboot into recovery mode and flash Lineage OS ROM, simply follow this guide to flash Lineage OS 14.1 on your Vibe K5/K5 Plus via TWRP recovery.
Solution to a failed boot issue.
Follow this guide to solve the bootloop issue. [If you think your device stuck at boot animation for quite a long time]
That’s it! If you have successfully installed the ROM on your device. Give us your feedback about Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on your Vibe K5/K5 Plus and stay tuned for more updates.
Image picked from NDTV