This tutorial is about, how to download and install official Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on Vibe Z2 Pro code name ‘kingdom’. Android 7.1.1 Nougat based official Lineage OS 14.1 Nightly builds are released for Vibe Z2 Pro, the Lineage OS 14.1 is just like CM14.1 with no major difference in between the them. CyanogenMod was the most popular company for it’s custom ROM, now after the demise of CM, user are now looking for the latest Lineage OS builds. If you are interested to flash the official Lineage OS 14.1 on your Vibe Z2 Pro, then we have mentioned complete process to install the official Lineage OS 14.1 on Vibe Z2 Pro.
Vibe Z2 Pro is a beast device with giant 6.0″ inches display with the resolution of 1440 x 2560 pixels, it was released 3 year back in 2014. Although the device is not new yet it competes with the modern devices of today regarding hardware. Under the hood the device is equipped with a quad core 2.5GHz processor along 3GB of RAM on board and 16MP rear and 5MP selfie shooter on front. The device is powered by a 4000mAh Li-po battery provides enough juice to keep the display on for a day, the device has received Android 5.0.2 Lollipop as last update.
The process to flash official Lineage OS 14.1 on Vibe Z2 Pro is not a very difficult task infact you need to pay attentions on the instructions below. If you have a custom recovery like TWRP recovery installed on your device already then all you need to do is just flash the ROM zip from recovery along latest Lineage OS gapps and that’s it. For your ease we also mentioned the guide to install TWRP recovery on your device as well. The process to install Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on all devices is almost the same so we use the same process for Vibe Z2 Pro as well.
Process to install official Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on Vibe Z2 Pro
Some pre-requisites before you begin:
- Your device battery should be in good health (70%) to avoid the shutting down while in flashing process.
- A TWRP custom recovery must be installed on your device, if you haven’t, follow this guide to install it.
- Create a Nandroid back up of important data including complete System with all apps and messages, follow this guide to create a Nandroid backup via TWRP recovery.
- Upgrade latest USB drivers for your device on PC. Download latest Lenovo USB drivers here [For a stable PC-phone connection].
Visit the links below and pick up the latest build of Lineage OS 14.1.
Now transfer both file on your device storage.
- Turn off your device and reboot into TWRP recovery.
- If you don’t know how to reboot into recovery mode and flash Lineage OS ROM, simply follow this guide to flash Lineage OS 14.1 on your Vibe Z2 Pro via TWRP recovery.
Solution to a failed boot issue.
Follow this guide to solve the bootloop issue. [If you think your device stuck at boot animation for quite a long time]
That’s it! If you have successfully installed the ROM on your device. Give us your feedback about Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on your Vibe Z2 Pro and stay tuned for more updates.