Download and install unofficial Lineage OS 14.1 on Google Pixel XL ‘marlin’. Unlike other Google devices, Google Pixel and Pixel XL have not been given the official Lineage OS 14.1 yet but thanks to developers at XDA. The unofficial Lineage OS 14.1 build has been released and if you are owner of Pixel XL then we are going to guide you on the process to install Lineage OS 14.1 on Pixel XL.
Google’s pixel devices are already running the latest version of Android, but there are some users who prefer custom ROMs over stock firmware for customization and tweaking purpose. The unofficial Lineage OS builds have everything same as CyanogenMod infact the installation process is same as well. If you wish to install Android 7.1.1 Nougat based custom firmware on your device then we recommend you try the unofficial Lineage OS 14.1 build on Pixel XL. We have post our previous guide on Nexus 7 2013 using same process and same tutorial.
The process to flash unofficial Lineage OS 14.1 on Pixel XL is not very difficult task infact you need to pay attentions on the instructions below. If you have a custom recovery like TWRP recovery installed on your device already then all you need to do is just flash the ROM zip from recovery along latest Lineage OS gapps and that’s it. For your ease we also mentioned the guide to install TWRP recovery on your device as well.
Note: If you are new to process then we recommend you to carefully follow the whole process in sequence.
You can also: Download the last CyanogenMod 14.1 builds
Process to install unofficial Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on Pixel XL
Some pre-requisites before you begin:
- Your device battery should be in good health (70%) to avoid the shutting down while in flashing process.
- Bootloader on your Pixel XL device should be unlocked or follow this guide to unlock it
- A TWRP custom recovery must be installed on your device, if you haven’t, follow this guide to install it.
- Create a Nandroid back up of important data including complete System with all apps and messages, follow this guide to create a Nandroid backup via TWRP recovery.
- Upgrade latest USB drivers for your device on PC. Download latest Pixel XL USB drivers here [For a stable PC-phone connection].
- Download Lineage OS 14.1 ROM for Pixel XL (marlin) [Pick up the latest build]
- Download Lineage OS 14.1/Android 7.1.x Google Apps
- Now transfer both file on your device storage.
Process to install unofficial Lineage OS 14.1 on Pixel XL
- Turn off your device and reboot into TWRP recovery.
- Once your device boots into recovery mode then follow this guide to flash Lineage OS 14.1 on your Pixel XL via TWRP recovery.
Solution to a failed boot issue.
Follow this guide to solve the bootloop issue. [If you think your device stuck at boot animation for quite a long time]
That’s it! If you have successfully installed the ROM on your device. Give us your feedback about Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on your Pixel XL and stay tuned for more updates.