Download and install official Lineage OS 14.1 for Nexus 10 ‘manta’. Fortunately Team Lineage OS has settled down their infrastructure and now we can see the official Lineage OS 14.1 build gradually rolling out for multiple device. The official Lineage OS builds have everything same as CyanogenMod infact the installation process is same as well. If you wish to install Android 7.1.1 Nougat custom firmware on your device then we recommend you try the official Lineage OS 14.1 build on Nexus 10. We have post our previous guide on Nexus 7 2013 using same process and same tutorial.
The process to flash official Lineage OS 14.1 on Nexus 10 is not very difficult task infact you need to pay attentions on the instructions below. If you have a custom recovery like TWRP recovery installed on your device already then all you need to do is just flash the ROM zip from recovery along latest Lineage OS gapps and that’s it. For your ease we also mentioned the guide to install TWRP recovery on your device as well.
Note: If you are new to process then we recommend you to carefully follow the whole process in sequence.
You can also: Download the last CyanogenMod 14.1 builds
Process to install official Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on Nexus 10
Some pre-requisites before you begin:
- Your device battery should be in good health (70%) to avoid the shutting down while in flashing process.
- Bootloader on your Nexus device should be unlocked or follow this guide to unlock it
- A TWRP custom recovery must be installed on your device, if you haven’t, follow this guide to install it.
- Create a Nandroid back up of important data including complete System with all apps and messages, follow this guide to create a Nandroid backup via TWRP recovery.
- Upgrade latest USB drivers for your device on PC. Download latest Nexus USB drivers here [For a stable PC-phone connection].
- Download Lineage OS 14.1 ROM for Nexus 10 manta [Pick up the latest build]
- Download Lineage OS 14.1/Android 7.1.x Google Apps
- Now transfer both file on your device storage.
Process to install official Lineage OS 14.1 on Nexus 10
- Turn off your device and reboot into TWRP recovery.
- Once your device boots into recovery mode then follow this guide to flash Lineage OS 14.1 on your Nexus 10 via TWRP recovery.
Solution to a failed boot issue.
Follow this guide to solve the bootloop issue. [If you think your device stuck at boot animation for quite a long time]
That’s it! If you have successfully installed the ROM on your device. Give us your feedback about Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on your Nexus 10 and stay tuned for more updates.