In this we are going to show you, how to download official Lineage OS 14.1 and install it on Galaxy S4 i9505 ‘jfltexx’. The Lineage OS 14.1 for Galaxy S4 LTE is based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat and compatible with model GT-I9505. If you still own an Galaxy S4 i9505 then the Nougat treat awaits you, the ROM is pretty stable and can be used as daily driver. Team Lineage OS is adding more builds for various devices but this is their first build official Lineage OS build released for Galaxy S4 i9505. We are repeating the same process that we have posted for AT&T Galaxy S3 earlier.
Galaxy S4 is an older device, Samsung released it back in 2013 with running Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean out of Box. Later Samsung rolled out Android Lollipop update as final update for the device, even the device hardware can easily Android 6.0 Marshmallow as well but Samsung has it’s own policies. So here custom ROM play their role, now you have a chance to see the latest version of Android on your device even before the flagships are still waiting for it.
The Lineage OS 14.1 installation process is quite easy infact you need to follow in sequence and pay attentions on the instructions below. If you have a custom recovery like TWRP recovery installed on your device already then all you need to do is just flash the ROM zip from recovery along latest Lineage OS gapps and that’s it. For your ease we also mentioned the guide to install TWRP recovery on your Galaxy S3 as well.
Note: If you are new to process then we recommend you to carefully follow the whole process in sequence.
You can also: Download the latest CyanogenMod 14.1 builds
How to install official Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on Galaxy S4 i9505
Some pre-requisites before you begin:
- Your device battery should be in good health (70%) to avoid the shutting down while in flashing process.
- A TWRP custom recovery must be installed on your device, if you haven’t, follow this guide to install it.
- Create a Nandroid back up of important data including complete System with all apps and messages, follow this guide to create a Nandroid backup via TWRP recovery.
- Install latest USB drivers for your device on PC. Download latest Samsung USB drivers here [For a stable PC-phone connection].
- Download Lineage OS 14.1 ROM for Galaxy S4 i9505 [Pick up the latest build]
- Download Lineage OS 14.1/Android 7.1.x Google Apps
- Now transfer both file on your device storage.
Process to install official Lineage OS 14.1 Nougat ROM on Galaxy S4 i9505
- Turn off your device and reboot into TWRP recovery, here is guide to see how to enter TWRP recovery on your device.
- Once your device boots into recovery mode then follow this guide to flash Lineage OS 14.1 on your Galaxy S4 i9505 via TWRP recovery.
Solution to a failed boot issue.
Follow this guide to solve the bootloop issue. [If you think your device stuck at boot animation for quite a long time]
That’s it! If you have successfully installed the ROM on your device. Give us your feedback about Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on your Galaxy S4 i9505 and share this guide.