Older Galaxy S3 is blessed with the latest version of Android, Android 7.1.1 Nougat based official Lineage OS 14.1 ROM is now available for AT&T Galaxy S3 model SGH-i747. If you still own an AT&T Galaxy S3 then enjoy the Nougat treat on your device, the ROM is pretty stable and can be used as daily driver. Team Lineage OS is adding more builds for various devices but this is their first build official Lineage OS build released for AT&T Galaxy S3 sgh-i747.
Galaxy S3 was released back in 2012, the device still rocks and millions are users till using it. This was the first Samsung’s device that made a huge sale, infact it’s powerful hardware of that time makes this device more popular. The device left the factory with Android 4.0.4 but later upgraded to Android Jelly Bean, now you have a chance to see the latest version of Android on your device even before the latest flagships are still waiting for it.
The Lineage OS 14.1 installation process is quite easy infact you need to follow in sequence and pay attentions on the instructions below. If you have a custom recovery like TWRP recovery installed on your device already then all you need to do is just flash the ROM zip from recovery along latest Lineage OS gapps and that’s it. For your ease we also mentioned the guide to install TWRP recovery on your Galaxy S3 as well.
Note: If you are new to process then we recommend you to carefully follow the whole process in sequence.
You can also: Download the latest CyanogenMod 14.1 builds
How to install official Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on AT&T Galaxy S3 sgh-i747
Some pre-requisites before you begin:
- Your device battery should be in good health (70%) to avoid the shutting down while in flashing process.
- A TWRP custom recovery must be installed on your device, if you haven’t, follow this guide to install it.
- Create a Nandroid back up of important data including complete System with all apps and messages, follow this guide to create a Nandroid backup via TWRP recovery.
- Install latest USB drivers for your device on PC. Download latest Samsung USB drivers here [For a stable PC-phone connection].
- Download Lineage OS 14.1 ROM for AT&T Galaxy S3 sgh-i747 [Pick up the latest build]
- Download Lineage OS 14.1/Android 7.1.x Google Apps
- Now transfer both file on your device storage.
Process to install official Lineage OS 14.1 Nougat ROM on AT&T Galaxy S3 sgh-i747
- Turn off your device and reboot into TWRP recovery.
- Once your device boots into recovery mode then follow this guide to flash Lineage OS 14.1 on your AT&T Galaxy S3 sgh-i747 via TWRP recovery.
Solution to a failed boot issue.
Follow this guide to solve the bootloop issue. [If you think your device stuck at boot animation for quite a long time]
That’s it! If you have successfully installed the ROM on your device. Give us your feedback about Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on your AT&T Galaxy S3 SGH-i747 and share this guide.