Finally Lineageos.org has provided Moto G4 Play it’s official Lineage OS 14.1 Nightly update. The regular roll out of Lineage OS 14.1 has been started and multiple devices have already get it, some of them you can see here. If you own a Moto G4 Play then it’s the time to update your device on the latest Android 7.1.1 Nougat firmware via Official Lineage OS 14.1 ROM. Till now we have been posting the unofficial Lineage OS build for several devices but now the official Lineage OS build have arrived. The official Lineage OS is much more stable then the Unofficial builds.
Moto G4 Play is the a Motorola device released back in May 2016, the device carries mediocre hardware specs. Stock Nougat has already been released for it but if you have interested in flashing custom ROMs on your device to get the freedom that unfortunately can’t found on the stock firmware, then the Lineage OS 14.1 is best for you. The official LAOS 14.1 carries the latest version of Android so you can get all the feature of stock Nougat Android 7.1.1 firmware on your device.
Just follow the guide below to install Android 7.1.1 Nougat based Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on Moto G4 Play. The process is very simple if you have a pre-install custom recovery on your device, we also mentioned the guide to install TWRP recovery on your device as well. If you are new to process then we recommend you to pay attention on the whole process care-fully and follow the instructions as mentioned.
Process to flash Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on Moto G4 Play
Some pre-requisites before you begin:
- Your device battery should be in good health (70%) to avoid the shutting down while in flashing process.
- A TWRP custom recovery must be installed on your device, if you haven’t, follow this guide to install it.
- Create a Nandroid back up of important data including complete System with all apps and messages, follow this guide to create a Nandroid backup via TWRP recovery.
- Upgrade latest USB drivers for your device on PC. Download latest Motorola USB drivers here [For a stable PC-phone connection].
- Download Lineage OS 14.1 ROM for Moto G4 Play [Pick up the latest build]
- Download Lineage OS 14.1/Android 7.1.x Google Apps
- Now transfer both file on your device storage.
- Turn off your device and reboot into TWRP recovery.
- Once your device boots into recovery mode then follow this guide to flash Lineage OS 14.1 on your Moto G4 Play via TWRP recovery.
Solution to a failed boot issue.
Follow this guide to solve the bootloop issue. [If you think your device stuck at boot animation for quite a long time]
Enable Root Access for Apps.
That’s it! We hope this guide helped you. Give us your feedback about Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on your Moto G4 Play and stay tuned for more updates.