In this guide you would be able to download and install Android 7.1.1 Nougat based Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on Sony Xperia ZL. The popular ROM CyanogenMod is ended now but if you wish to get the all the features on your your device then we recommend you to try the Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on your device. The Lineage OS is built on the CyanogenMod source code so you will be running all the features from CM ROM on your device.
Today this is the best opportunity for the Sony Xperia ZL users as the device comes with a pre-installed Jelly bean update and later Android Lollipop released for it. The Lineage OS 14.1 ROM will give your device a new look along latest Android 7.1.1 Nougat firmware. The device is equipped with a powerful hardware capable of running Lineage OS 14.1 ROM smoothly. So below we have mentioned a link to download the complete LineageOS 14.1 zip file along Google apps.
Just follow the guide below to install Android 7.1.1 Nougat based Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on Xperia ZL. The process is very simple if you have a pre-install custom recovery on your device, we also mentioned the guide to install TWRP recovery on your device as well. If you are new to process then we recommend you to pay attention on the whole process care-fully and follow the instructions as mentioned.
Process to flash Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on Xperia ZL
Some pre-requisites before you begin:
- Your device battery should be in good health (70%) to avoid the shutting down while in flashing process.
- A TWRP custom recovery must be installed on your device, if you haven’t, follow this guide to install it.
- Create a Nandroid back up of important data including complete System with all apps and messages, follow this guide to create a Nandroid backup via TWRP recovery.
- Upgrade latest USB drivers for Sony on PC. Download here [For a stable PC-phone connection].
- Download Lineage OS 14.1 ROM for Xperia ZL
- Download Lineage OS 14.1/Android 7.1.x Google Apps
- Now transfer both file on your device storage.
- Turn off your device and reboot into TWRP recovery.
- Once your device boots into recovery mode then follow this guide to flash Lineage OS 14.1 on your Xperia ZL via TWRP recovery.
Solution to a failed boot issue.
Follow this guide to solve the bootloop issue. [If you think your device stuck at boot animation for quite a long time]
That’s it! We hope this guide helped you. Give us your feedback about Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on your Xperia ZL and stay tuned for more updates.