Galaxy S4 LTE i9505 is a pretty old device from Samsung but still a good number of users are using it. Considering the request from the users for developing Nougat based custom ROM for Galaxy S4, developers have continued their work for Galaxy S4. Multiple custom ROMs are being built for it, today another custom OS, Android 7.1.2 VOLTE Nougat ROM is released for Galaxy S4 i9505. As the name suggests, the ROM brings VOLTE on the older Galaxy S4 along multiple customized features and apps.
The process to flash Android 7.1.2 VOLTE Nougat ROM on Galaxy S4 i9505 is super easy all you need to do is just pay attentions on the instructions below. If you have a custom recovery like TWRP recovery installed on your device already then all you need to do is just flash the ROM zip from recovery along latest Lineage OS gapps and that’s it. For your ease we also mentioned the guide to install TWRP recovery on your device as well.
Note: If you are new to process then we recommend you to carefully follow the whole process in sequence.
Process to install Android 7.1.2 Nougat VOLTE Nougat ROM on Galaxy S4 i9505
Some pre-requisites before you begin:
- Your device battery should be in good health (70%) to avoid the shutting down while in flashing process.
- A TWRP custom recovery must be installed on your device, if you haven’t, follow this guide to install it.
- Create a Nandroid back up of important data including complete System with all apps and messages, follow this guide to create a Nandroid backup via TWRP recovery.
- Upgrade latest USB drivers for your device on PC. Download latest Samsung USB drivers here [For a stable PC-phone connection].
- Download Android 7.1.2 VOLTE Nougat ROM for Galaxy S4 i9505. Here
- Now transfer the file on your device storage.
- Turn off your device and reboot into TWRP recovery. Follow this guide to see how to boot into recovery mode.
- Once your device boots into recovery mode then follow this guide to flash Android 7.1.2 VOLTE Nougat ROM on your Galaxy S4 i9505 via TWRP recovery.
Solution to a failed boot issue.
Follow this guide to solve the bootloop issue. [If you think your device stuck at boot animation for quite a long time]
That’s it! If you have successfully installed the ROM on your device. Give us your feedback about Android 7.1.2 VOLTE Nougat ROM on your Galaxy S4 i9505 and stay tuned for more updates.