Tutorial to install official Lineage OS 14.1 on Xiaomi Mi 5 (gemini)
Welcome to droidvendor.com, today here is this tutorial we are going to download and install the Android 7.1.1 Nougat based official Lineage OS 14.1 nightly on Xiaomi Mi 5. As you all know CyanogenMod is already dead and Lineage OS has taken it’s place, from now on the official Lineage OS build will be available for custom ROM lovers. If you own a Xiaomi Mi 5 and you want to flash the latest version of Android on your device then Team Lineage OS has presented their official Lineage OS 14.1 build for your device.
Xiaomi Mi 5 is very popular and quite powerful device, it is equipped with a quad core snapdragon 820 processor accompanied with Andreno 530 GPU, best for gaming. The device comes with 3GB and 4GB RAM variants, 16MP rear camera capable of recording full HD videos and on the front 4MP selfie shooter, the device is powered with a 3000 mAh batter. The box opened device runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow but it’s device is quite capable of running the latest version of Android smoothly, that’s why official Lineage OS 14.1 is here.
The process to flash official Lineage OS 14.1 on Mi 5 is not a very difficult task infact you need to pay attentions on the instructions below. If you have a custom recovery like TWRP recovery installed on your device already then all you need to do is just flash the ROM zip from recovery along latest Lineage OS gapps and that’s it. For your ease we also mentioned the guide to install TWRP recovery on your device as well. The process to install Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on all devices is almost the same so we use the same process for Xiaomi Mi 5 as well.
Process to install official Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on Xiaomi Mi 5
Some pre-requisites before you begin:
- Your device battery should be in good health (70%) to avoid the shutting down while in flashing process.
- A TWRP custom recovery must be installed on your device, if you haven’t, follow this guide to install it.
- Create a Nandroid back up of important data including complete System with all apps and messages, follow this guide to create a Nandroid backup via TWRP recovery.
- Upgrade latest USB drivers for your device on PC. Download latest Xiaomi USB drivers here [For a stable PC-phone connection].
- Download Lineage OS 14.1 ROM for Xiaomi Mi 5 [Pick up the latest build]
- Download Lineage OS 14.1/Android 7.1.x Google Apps
- Now transfer both file on your device storage.
- Turn off your device and reboot into TWRP recovery.
- Once your device boots into recovery mode then follow this guide to flash Lineage OS 14.1 on your Xiaomi Mi 5 via TWRP recovery.
Solution to a failed boot issue.
Follow this guide to solve the bootloop issue. [If you think your device stuck at boot animation for quite a long time]
Enable Root Access for Apps.
That’s it! If you have successfully installed official Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on your Xiaomi Mi 5, give us your feedback and stay tuned for more updates.