Download and install official Lineage OS 14.1 on Galaxy S7 [Android 7.1.2 Nougat]
In this tutorial you would be able to download and install official Lineage OS 14.1 on Galaxy S7 ‘herolte’. This is the first official Lineage OS nightly build for Galaxy S7 that brings all the features of Android 7.1.2 Nougat along with it. The Lineage OS nightly ROM is based on Android 7.1.2 Nougat but retains stock Nougat interface just like any Nexus device, you can access every features that you were previously using on stock TouchWiz ROM.
Infact Lineage OS 14.1 for Galaxy S7 is pretty simple and light with more customizable feature that are not available on stock ROMs. So if you wish to install official Lineage OS 14.1 Nightly on Galaxy S7 then you can follow the complete guide below.
Note: If you are new to process then we recommend you to carefully follow the whole process in sequence.
You can also: Download CyanogenMod 14.1 builds for Galaxy S7
Process to install official Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on Galaxy S7
Some pre-requisites before you begin:
- Your device battery should be in good health (70%) to avoid the shutting down while in flashing process.
- A TWRP custom recovery must be installed on your device, if you haven’t, follow this guide to install it.
- Create a Nandroid back up of important data including complete System with all apps and messages, follow this guide to create a Nandroid backup via TWRP recovery.
- Upgrade latest USB drivers for your device on PC. Download latest Samsung USB drivers here [For a stable PC-phone connection].
- Download Lineage OS 14.1 ROM for Galaxy S7 ‘herolte’ [Pick up the latest build]
- Download Lineage OS 14.1/Android 7.1.x Google Apps
- Now transfer both file on your device storage.
Process to install official Lineage OS 14.1 on Galaxy S7
- Turn off your device and reboot into TWRP recovery. Follow this guide to see how to enter recovery mode.
- Once your device boots into recovery mode then follow this guide to flash Lineage OS 14.1 on your Galaxy S7 via TWRP recovery.
Solution to a failed boot issue.
Follow this guide to solve the bootloop issue. [If you think your device stuck at boot animation for quite a long time]
That’s it! If you have successfully installed the ROM on your device. Give us your feedback about Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on your Galaxy S7 and stay tuned for more updates.