Download and install Moto X Play Lineage OS 15.0 Oreo ROM
Android 8.0 Oreo based UNOFFICIAL Lineage OS 15.0 builds have been released for a bunch of Motorola devices, now another Motorola device Moto X Play has got it today. Moto X Play got Android 7.1.1 Nougat official update from Motorola just a few days back and now Android 8.0 Oreo is available for download. if you think you are good at custom ROM installation or more often play with the tweaking stuff on your device then this guide is for you. In this guide you can follow the detailed instructions to see how to download and install Lineage OS 15.0 Android Oreo ROM on Moto X Play.
The ROM developer “Innfinite4evr” has stated that major aspects of the ROM are working fine but it is not stable enough to be trusted as daily driver. So if you can wait for the stable build then it’s great but if not, then you are free to install it anyway. Android Oreo ROM brings new Picture In Picture mode, new emoji’s adaptive icons, Notifications timeout and a lot more.
Process to install Lineage OS 15.0 ROM Oreo on Moto X Play
Some pre-requisites before you begin:
- Your device battery should be in good health (70%) to avoid the shutting down while in flashing process.
- Your device bootloader should be unlocked else you cannot go for the installation process, so follow this guide to unlock it right away.
- A TWRP custom recovery must be installed on your device, if you haven’t, follow this guide to install it.
- Create a Nandroid back up of important data including complete System with all apps and messages, follow this guide to create a Nandroid backup via TWRP recovery.
- Upgrade latest USB drivers for your device on PC. Download latest Motorola USB drivers here [For a stable PC-phone connection].
- Download Lineage OS 15.0 Oreo ROM for Moto X Play [Pick up the latest build]
- Download Lineage OS 15.0 Google Apps
- Now transfer both file on your device storage.
- Turn off your device and reboot into TWRP recovery.
- Once your device boots into recovery mode then follow this guide to flash Lineage OS 15.0 on your Moto X Play via TWRP recovery.
Solution to a failed boot issue.
Follow this guide to solve the bootloop issue. [If you think your device stuck at boot animation for quite a long time]
Enable Root Access for Apps.
That’s it! If you have successfully installed the ROM on your device. Give us your feedback about Lineage OS 15.0 ROM on your Moto X Play and stay tuned for more updates.