Follow the detailed tutorial to download and install official Lineage OS 14.1 on LG G5 H850. Official Lineage OS 14.1 for LG G5 H850 is based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat and released as a Nightly update. The Lineage OS 14.1 Nighty builds for LG G5 H850 are pretty stable that can be used as daily drivers. LG G5 has already tasted the official Nougat too but the Lineage OS 14.1 install the latest Android 7.1.1 Nougat firmware on your device.
LG G5 is quite a powerful device carrying with an octa core processor accompanied with Andreno 530 GPUand 4GB of RAM on board. The device has already received official Android 7.0 Nougat firmware by LG but if you wish to install the latest version of Android, Android 7.1.1 Nougat firmware via Lineage OS 14.1 ROM then follow the guide below.
The process to flash official Lineage OS 14.1 on LG G5 H850 is not a very difficult task infact you need to pay attentions on the instructions below. If you have a custom recovery like TWRP recovery installed on your device already then all you need to do is just flash the ROM zip from recovery along latest Lineage OS gapps and that’s it. For your ease we also mentioned the guide to install TWRP recovery on your device as well.
Note: The process to install Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on all devices is almost the same so we use the same process for LG G5 H830 as well.
Process to install official Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on LG G5 H850
Some pre-requisites before you begin:
- Your device battery should be in good health (70%) to avoid the shutting down while in flashing process.
- A TWRP custom recovery must be installed on your device, if you haven’t, follow this guide to install it.
- Create a Nandroid back up of important data including complete System with all apps and messages, follow this guide to create a Nandroid backup via TWRP recovery.
- Upgrade latest USB drivers for your device on PC. Download latest LG USB drivers here [For a stable PC-phone connection].
- Download Lineage OS 14.1 ROM for LG G5 H850 [Pick up the latest build]
- Download Lineage OS 14.1/Android 7.1.x Google Apps
- Now transfer both file on your device storage.
- Turn off your device and reboot into TWRP recovery.
- Once your device boots into recovery mode then follow this guide to flash Lineage OS 14.1 on your LG G5 H850 via TWRP recovery.
Solution to a failed boot issue.
Follow this guide to solve the bootloop issue. [If you think your device stuck at boot animation for quite a long time]
Enable Root Access for Apps.
That’s it! If you have successfully installed official Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on your LG G5 H850, give us your feedback and stay tuned for more updates.