Samsung Galaxy S5 G900F and G900FD official Lineage OS 14.1 Nightly is now available. Android 7.1.1 Nougat based official Lineage OS 14.1 can be easily installed on Galaxy S5 by following the instructions below. Galaxy S5 is just another device after Galaxy S3 to receive the Lineage OS 14.1 Nougat build, the ROM is pretty stable and can used as daily drivers. Official Lineage OS 14.1 is purely based on CyanogenMod 14.1, including same interface and features as well.
The download link to Official Lineage OS 14.1 for Galaxy S5 is mentioned in the guide below. Galaxy S5 is an older yet most popular phone at the time because of it’s powerful hardware and decent specifications. Samsung has provided Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow as the final firmware to this device, now Samsung has left support except the security updates. If you are interested in flashing Official Lineage OS 14.1 on your Galaxy S5 just grab the firmware and follow the guide to install it on your device.
The Lineage OS 14.1 installation process is quite easy infact you need to follow in sequence and pay attentions on the instructions below. If you have a custom recovery like TWRP recovery installed on your device already then all you need to do is just flash the ROM zip from recovery along latest Lineage OS gapps and that’s it. For your ease we also mentioned the guide to install TWRP recovery on your Galaxy S5 G900F/FD as well.
Note: If you are new to process then we recommend you to carefully follow the whole process in sequence.
You can also: Download the last CyanogenMod 14.1 builds
Process to install official Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on Galaxy S5 G900F/FD
Some pre-requisites before you begin:
- Your device battery should be in good health (70%) to avoid the shutting down while in flashing process.
- A TWRP custom recovery must be installed on your device, if you haven’t, follow this guide to install it.
- Create a Nandroid back up of important data including complete System with all apps and messages, follow this guide to create a Nandroid backup via TWRP recovery.
- Install latest USB drivers for your device on PC. Download latest Samsung USB drivers here [For a stable PC-phone connection].
- Download Lineage OS 14.1 ROM for Galaxy S5 G900F/FD [Pick up the latest build]
- Download Lineage OS 14.1/Android 7.1.x Google Apps
- Now transfer both file on your device storage.
- Turn off your device and reboot into TWRP recovery.
- Once your device boots into recovery mode then follow this guide to flash Lineage OS 14.1 on your Galaxy S5 G900F/FD via TWRP recovery.
Solution to a failed boot issue.
Follow this guide to solve the bootloop issue. [If you think your device stuck at boot animation for quite a long time]
That’s it! If you have successfully installed the ROM on your device. Give us your feedback about Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on your Galaxy S5 G900F/FD and share this guide.