Official Lineage OS 14.1 builds are now rolling out for various devices from different OEMs including HTC. The Taiwanese manufacturer HTC has already rolled out official Nougat updates to it’s latest devices including HTC 10 and HTC One M9. The older devices like HTC One M7 are not getting the Nougat update even Marshmallow firmware as well, so the only way to get the latest version of Android on your device is by installing it via AOSP ROMs and that what we are going to do in this guide. Android 7.1.1 Nougat based Official Lineage OS 14.1 Nightly builds are now available for HTC One M7, the download link to Official Lineage OS 14.1 for HTC One M7 is mentioned in the guide below.
HTC One M7 is an older but it’s hardware is powerful enought to run the Lineage OS 14.1 smoothyl. If you are interested in flashing Official Lineage OS 14.1 on your HTC One M7 just grab the firmware and follow the guide to install it on your device. The Lineage OS 14.1 installation process is quite easy infact you need to follow in sequence and pay attentions on the instructions below. If you have a custom recovery like TWRP recovery installed on your device already then all you need to do is just flash the ROM zip from recovery along latest Lineage OS gapps and that’s it. For your ease we also mentioned the guide to install TWRP recovery on your HTC One M7 as well.
Note: If you are new to process then we recommend you to carefully follow the whole process in sequence.
You can also: Download the last CyanogenMod 14.1 builds
Process to install official Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on HTC One M7
Some pre-requisites before you begin:
- Your device battery should be in good health (70%) to avoid the shutting down while in flashing process.
- A TWRP custom recovery must be installed on your device, if you haven’t, follow this guide to install it.
- Create a Nandroid back up of important data including complete System with all apps and messages, follow this guide to create a Nandroid backup via TWRP recovery.
- Install latest USB drivers for your device on PC. Download latest HTC USB drivers here [For a stable PC-phone connection].
- Download Lineage OS 14.1 ROM for HTC One M7 [Pick up the latest build]
- Download Lineage OS 14.1/Android 7.1.x Google Apps
- Now transfer both file on your device storage.
- Turn off your device and reboot into TWRP recovery.
- Once your device boots into recovery mode then follow this guide to flash Lineage OS 14.1 on your HTC One M7 via TWRP recovery.
Solution to a failed boot issue.
Follow this guide to solve the bootloop issue. [If you think your device stuck at boot animation for quite a long time]
That’s it! If you have successfully installed the ROM on your device. Give us your feedback about Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on your HTC One M7 and share this guide.