Welcome folks! In this guide we’ll help you on, download and install official Lineage OS 14.1 on ZTE Axon 7. The official Lineage OS 14.1 for Axon 7 is based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat, as you all know that ZTE Axon 7 has already tasted the official Nougat flavor just a few weeks back. Yet there are some users who prefer custom ROMs over stock firmware, if you are one of them then we recommend you try the official Lineage OS 14.1 build on ZTE Axon 7.
We have post our previous guide on Nexus 7 2013 using same process and same tutorial. The process to flash official Lineage OS 14.1 on ZTE Axon 7 is not very difficult task infact you need to pay attentions on the instructions below. If you have a custom recovery like TWRP recovery installed on your device already then all you need to do is just flash the ROM zip from recovery along latest Lineage OS gapps and that’s it. For your ease we also mentioned the guide to install TWRP recovery on your device as well.
Note: If you are new to process then we recommend you to carefully follow the whole process in sequence.
You can also: Download the last CyanogenMod 14.1 builds
Process to install official Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on ZTE Axon 7
Some pre-requisites before you begin:
- Your device battery should be in good health (70%) to avoid the shutting down while in flashing process.
- A TWRP custom recovery must be installed on your device, if you haven’t, follow this guide to install it.
- Create a Nandroid back up of important data including complete System with all apps and messages, follow this guide to create a Nandroid backup via TWRP recovery.
- Upgrade latest USB drivers for your device on PC. Download latest ZTE USB drivers here [For a stable PC-phone connection].
- Download Lineage OS 14.1 ROM for ZTE Axon 7 [Pick up the latest build]
- Download Lineage OS 14.1/Android 7.1.x Google Apps
- Now transfer both file on your device storage.
Process to install official Lineage OS 14.1 on ZTE Axon 7
- Turn off your device and reboot into TWRP recovery.
- Once your device boots into recovery mode then follow this guide to flash Lineage OS 14.1 on your ZTE Axon 7 via TWRP recovery.
Solution to a failed boot issue.
Follow this guide to solve the bootloop issue. [If you think your device stuck at boot animation for quite a long time]
That’s it! If you have successfully installed the ROM on your device. Give us your feedback about Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on your ZTE Axon 7 and stay tuned for more updates.