If you own a LG G4 international model H815 then we have great news for you, official Lineage OS 14.1 based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat is released for LG G4. In this detailed article, the process to download and install the official Lineage OS 14.1 for LG G4 H815 is discussed. If you are the one looking for the stable Nougat experience then Lineage OS 14.1 is best for you.
LG G4 is quite a powerful device with a Hexa core processor accompanied with Andreno 418 GPUand 3GB of RAM on board. The device is best eligible for running the latest version of Android smoothly but LG has discontinued the firmware support and the device received the final update as Android Marshmallow. Now if you are getting impatient for the latest Android 7.1.1 Nougat firmware then follow the guide below.
The process to flash official Lineage OS 14.1 on LG G4 H815 is not a very difficult task infact you need to pay attentions on the instructions below. If you have a custom recovery like TWRP recovery installed on your device already then all you need to do is just flash the ROM zip from recovery along latest Lineage OS gapps and that’s it. For your ease we also mentioned the guide to install TWRP recovery on your device as well. The process to install Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on all devices is almost the same so we use the same process for LG G4 H815 as well.
Process to install official Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on LG G4 H815
Some pre-requisites before you begin:
- Your device battery should be in good health (70%) to avoid the shutting down while in flashing process.
- A TWRP custom recovery must be installed on your device, if you haven’t, follow this guide to install it.
- Create a Nandroid back up of important data including complete System with all apps and messages, follow this guide to create a Nandroid backup via TWRP recovery.
- Upgrade latest USB drivers for your device on PC. Download latest LG USB drivers here [For a stable PC-phone connection].
- Download Lineage OS 14.1 ROM for LG G4 D815 [Pick up the latest build]
- Download Lineage OS 14.1/Android 7.1.x Google Apps
- Now transfer both file on your device storage.
- Turn off your device and reboot into TWRP recovery.
- Once your device boots into recovery mode then follow this guide to flash Lineage OS 14.1 on your LG G4 H815 via TWRP recovery.
Solution to a failed boot issue.
Follow this guide to solve the bootloop issue. [If you think your device stuck at boot animation for quite a long time]
Enable Root Access for Apps.
That’s it! If you have successfully installed the ROM on your device. Give us your feedback about Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on your LG G4 H815 and stay tuned for more updates.