Lineage OS has released many new Android 7.1.1 Nougat based official Lineage OS 14.1 build for some remaining devices. The builds are being released gradually for the devices that were previously eligible for the CyanogenMod builds. Official Lineage OS 14.1 for HTC 10 is just another addition in the list of HTC devices that already have it. In this guide you’ll be able to download and install official Lineage OS 14.1 Android 7.1.1 Nougat on HTC 10.
HTC 10 is no more hungry to taste the Nougat update as it has been given the official Nougat treat already by HTC. The AOSP ROMs like Lineage OS have much more customized stuff over the stock firmware, because users gain much control over system in custom ROMs. So if you are also one of the those tweak lover that often play with custom ROMs then this guide is for you.
The Lineage OS 14.1 installation process is quite easy infact you need to follow in sequence and pay attentions on the instructions below. If you have a custom recovery like TWRP recovery installed on your device already then all you need to do is just flash the ROM zip from recovery along latest Lineage OS gapps and that’s it. For your ease we also mentioned the guide to install TWRP recovery on your HTC 10 as well.
Note: If you are new to process then we recommend you to carefully follow the whole process in sequence.
You can also: Download the last CyanogenMod 14.1 builds
Process to install official Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on HTC 10
Some pre-requisites before you begin:
- Your device battery should be in good health (70%) to avoid the shutting down while in flashing process.
- A TWRP custom recovery must be installed on your device, if you haven’t, follow this guide to install it.
- Create a Nandroid back up of important data including complete System with all apps and messages, follow this guide to create a Nandroid backup via TWRP recovery.
- Install latest USB drivers for your device on PC. Download latest HTC USB drivers here [For a stable PC-phone connection].
- Download Lineage OS 14.1 ROM for HTC 10 [Pick up the latest build]
- Download Lineage OS 14.1/Android 7.1.x Google Apps
- Now transfer both file on your device storage.
Process to install official Lineage OS 14.1 Nougat ROM on HTC 10
- Turn off your device and reboot into TWRP recovery.
- Once your device boots into recovery mode then follow this guide to flash Lineage OS 14.1 on your HTC 10 via TWRP recovery.
Solution to a failed boot issue.
Follow this guide to solve the bootloop issue. [If you think your device stuck at boot animation for quite a long time]
That’s it! If you have successfully installed the ROM on your device. Give us your feedback about Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on your HTC 10 and share this guide.