Fortunately official Lineage OS 14.1 Nightly builds are now available for OnePlus 2, you can follow our guide below to download and install official Lineage OS 14.1 Nougat ROM on OnePlus 2. Team Lineage OS haven’t put all the builds together infact there is only single Nightly is available for almost all the devices. The builds are stable enough to be used for daily drivers so if you own a OnePlus 2 and interested in flashing latest version of Android via Lineage OS 14.1 then you are all set to go.
OnePlus 2 is the successor of OnePlus One, the device was released two years back in mid 2015. OnePlus 2 is equipped with quite powerful hardware capable of running Android 7.1.1 Nougat smoothly. Although OnePlus has left firmware support for it but developers at Lineage OS never think so, you can easily update your device on Android 7.1.1 Nougat based official Lineage OS 14.1 on your OnePlus 2.
The Lineage OS 14.1 installation process is quite easy infact you need to follow in sequence and pay attentions on the instructions below. If you have a custom recovery like TWRP recovery installed on your device already then all you need to do is just flash the ROM zip from recovery along latest Lineage OS gapps and that’s it. For your ease we also mentioned the guide to install TWRP recovery on your OnePlus 2 as well.
Note: If you are new to process then we recommend you to carefully follow the whole process in sequence.
You can also: Download the last CyanogenMod 14.1 builds
Process to install official Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on OnePlus 2
Some pre-requisites before you begin:
- Your device battery should be in good health (70%) to avoid the shutting down while in flashing process.
- A TWRP custom recovery must be installed on your device, if you haven’t, follow this guide to install it.
- Create a Nandroid back up of important data including complete System with all apps and messages, follow this guide to create a Nandroid backup via TWRP recovery.
- Install latest USB drivers for your device on PC. Download latest OnePlus USB drivers here [For a stable PC-phone connection].
- Download Lineage OS 14.1 ROM for OnePlus 2 [Pick up the latest build]
- Download Lineage OS 14.1/Android 7.1.x Google Apps
- Now transfer both file on your device storage.
- Turn off your device and reboot into TWRP recovery.
- Once your device boots into recovery mode then follow this guide to flash Lineage OS 14.1 on your OnePlus 2 via TWRP recovery.
Solution to a failed boot issue.
Follow this guide to solve the bootloop issue. [If you think your device stuck at boot animation for quite a long time]
That’s it! If you have successfully installed the ROM on your device. Give us your feedback about Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on your OnePlus 2 and share this guide.