Finally Lineage.org has started rolling out it’s official Lineage OS 14.1 Nightly updates for multiple devices. In this guide we are going to show you the step by step process to install Android 7.1.1 Nougat based Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on Nextbit Robin. Till now we have been kept posting unofficial Lineage OS build for several devices but now the official Lineage OS arrived. The official update is not much different then CyanogenMod but it is much more stable then before.
Nextbit Robin is released in August, 2015 but the device is equipped with a powerful hardware, it carries a 5.2 inches HD display, Snapdragon 808 Hexa core processor clocked at 2.0 GHz along 3GB of RAM on board. The box opened device runs on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow but now the Android 7.1.1 Nougat should run smoothly on this device because of it’s strengthened hardware. This latest Nougat treat is offered by Team Lineage OS so enjoy the goodies of latest firmware on your device and share your view about it.
Just follow the guide below to install Android 7.1.1 Nougat based Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on Nextbit Robin. The process is very simple if you have a pre-install custom recovery on your device, we also mentioned the guide to install TWRP recovery on your device as well. If you are new to process then we recommend you to pay attention on the whole process care-fully and follow the instructions as mentioned.
Process to flash Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on Nextbit Robin
Some pre-requisites before you begin:
- Your device battery should be in good health (70%) to avoid the shutting down while in flashing process.
- A TWRP custom recovery must be installed on your device, if you haven’t, follow this guide to install it.
- Create a Nandroid back up of important data including complete System with all apps and messages, follow this guide to create a Nandroid backup via TWRP recovery.
- Upgrade latest USB drivers for your device on PC. Download latest USB drivers here [For a stable PC-phone connection].
- Download Lineage OS 14.1 ROM for Nextbit Robin
- Download Lineage OS 14.1/Android 7.1.x Google Apps
- Now transfer both file on your device storage.
- Turn off your device and reboot into TWRP recovery.
- Once your device boots into recovery mode then follow this guide to flash Lineage OS 14.1 on your Nextbit Robin via TWRP recovery.
Solution to a failed boot issue.
Follow this guide to solve the bootloop issue. [If you think your device stuck at boot animation for quite a long time]
Enable Root Access for Apps.
That’s it! We hope this guide helped you. Give us your feedback about Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on your Nextbit Robin and stay tuned for more updates.