Team Lineage has finally started rolling out their popular official Lineage OS 14.1 builds for several devices in which Moto X Pure/Style is among them. The official Lineage OS 14.1 is just like CyanogenMod 14.1, based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat and also having the same interface as CM14.1. The official Lineage OS 14.1 for Moto X Pure is pretty stable and can be used as daily drivers. So if you wish to see the latest version of Android on your device then we recommend you to try the official Lineage OS 14.1 Nougat ROM on your device.
Moto X Pure also known as Moto X Style was released in 2015 but the device is carrying handsome specs. A large 5.7 inches full HD AMOLED display, 21MP Camera with f/2.0 aperture on rear and 5MP selfie shooter on front. Under the hood Qulacomm Snapdragon 808 hexa-core processor along 3GB of RAM on board perfect combination for a smooth Android experience. The new official Lineage OS 14.1 ROM can be easily flashed on your device via TWRP recovery and enjoy the goodies of custom Nougat firmware.
Just follow the guide below to install Android 7.1.1 Nougat based Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on Moto X Pure. The process is very simple if you have a pre-install custom recovery on your device, we also mentioned the guide to install TWRP recovery on your device as well. If you are new to process then we recommend you to pay attention on the whole process care-fully and follow the instructions as mentioned.
Process to flash official Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on Moto X Pure/Style
Some pre-requisites before you begin:
- Your device battery should be in good health (70%) to avoid the shutting down while in flashing process.
- A TWRP custom recovery must be installed on your device, if you haven’t, follow this guide to install it.
- Create a Nandroid back up of important data including complete System with all apps and messages, follow this guide to create a Nandroid backup via TWRP recovery.
- Upgrade latest USB drivers for your device on PC. Download latest Motorola USB drivers here [For a stable PC-phone connection].
- Download Lineage OS 14.1 ROM for Moto X Pure [Pick up the latest build]
- Download Lineage OS 14.1/Android 7.1.x Google Apps
- Now transfer both file on your device storage.
- Turn off your device and reboot into TWRP recovery.
- Once your device boots into recovery mode then follow this guide to flash Lineage OS 14.1 on your Moto X Pure via TWRP recovery.
Solution to a failed boot issue.
Follow this guide to solve the bootloop issue. [If you think your device stuck at boot animation for quite a long time]
Enable Root Access for Apps.
That’s it! We hope this guide helped you. Give us your feedback about Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on your Moto X Pure and stay tuned for more updates.