Asus Zenfone 2 family is now getting official Lineage OS 14.1 Nightly build from Team Lineage OS. After Asus Zenfone 2, now it’s Zenfone 2 Laser’s turn to taste the sweetness of Android 7.1.1 Nougat via official Lineage OS 14.1 ROM. Team Lineage OS has now settled down their infrastructure and proper working system, their official build are now being released for numerous device. Their is not much difference in both CM and LOS builds but as you all know CyanogenMod is dead already so Lineage OS has took over it’s services and releasing their own official builds.
Asus Zenfone 2 Laser is an average device with mediocre specs, it was released back in 2015, 3Q. It carries a 5.0″ inches 720P display with the resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels at 294 ppi, under the hood, it carries a quad-core 1.2GHz processor along 2GB of RAM and Andreno 306GPU. Infact the device specs are not very much impressive yet good enough to run the Android 7.1.1 Nougat based Lineage OS 14.1 ROM smoothly. Just follow the instruction below to see how to download and install official Lineage OS 14.1 Android 7.1.1 Nougat on Asus Zenfone 2 Laser.
The process to flash official Lineage OS 14.1 on Asus Zenfone 2 Laser is not a very difficult task infact you need to pay attentions on the instructions below. If you have a custom recovery like TWRP recovery installed on your device already then all you need to do is just flash the ROM zip from recovery along latest Lineage OS gapps and that’s it. For your ease we also mentioned the guide to install TWRP recovery on your device as well. The process to install Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on all devices is almost the same so we use the same process for Asus Zenfone 2 Laser as well.
Process to install official Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on Asus Zenfone 2 Laser
Some pre-requisites before you begin:
- Your device battery should be in good health (70%) to avoid the shutting down while in flashing process.
- A TWRP custom recovery must be installed on your device, if you haven’t, follow this guide to install it.
- Create a Nandroid back up of important data including complete System with all apps and messages, follow this guide to create a Nandroid backup via TWRP recovery.
- Upgrade latest USB drivers for your device on PC. Download latest Asus USB drivers here [For a stable PC-phone connection].
Visit the links below and pick up the latest build of Lineage OS 14.1.
- Download Lineage OS 14.1 ROM zip for Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 720P (Z00L)
- Download Lineage OS 14.1/Android 7.1.x Google Apps
Now transfer both file on your device storage.
- Turn off your device and reboot into TWRP recovery.
- If you don’t know how to reboot into recovery mode and flash Lineage OS ROM, simply follow this guide to flash Lineage OS 14.1 on your Asus Zenfone 2 Laser via TWRP recovery.
Solution to a failed boot issue.
Follow this guide to solve the bootloop issue. [If you think your device stuck at boot animation for quite a long time]
That’s it! If you have successfully installed the ROM on your device. Give us your feedback about Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on your Asus Zenfone 2 Laser and stay tuned for more updates.