Oldest family member of Note series Galaxy Note 2 is still a popular device. A good number of users are still using it and that’s why developers have continued their work for Note 2. Multiple custom ROMs are being built for it, today another custom OS, Android 7.1.2 ViperOS Nougat ROM is released for Galaxy Note 2 N7100. As the name suggests, the ROM is based on Android 7.1.2 Nougat along multiple customized features and apps.
The stock firmware from Samsung in Note 2 is based on TouchWiz interface but this is full stock ROM which is pretty light and bloat free. The Nougat features are much more polished and customized in ViperOS ROM along addition of Traffic indicators, Status bar items, Clock & date, Battery icon settings, Carrier label, Quick settings personalization, Other status bar settings, VPN icon toggle, Data saver icon toggle, VoLTE icon, Viper statusbar logo, Option to Display Data Disabled indicator Icons, Ticker, Heads up toogle, timeout and snooze function and Add/Remove QS shortcuts with one click.
The process to flash Android 7.1.2 ViperOS Nougat ROM on Galaxy Note 2 N7100 is not very difficult task infact you need to pay attentions on the instructions below. If you have a custom recovery like TWRP recovery installed on your device already then all you need to do is just flash the ROM zip from recovery along latest Lineage OS gapps and that’s it. For your ease we also mentioned the guide to install TWRP recovery on your device as well.
Note: If you are new to process then we recommend you to carefully follow the whole process in sequence.
Process to install Android 7.1.2 Nougat ViperOS Nougat ROM on Galaxy Note 2 N7100
Some pre-requisites before you begin:
- Your device battery should be in good health (70%) to avoid the shutting down while in flashing process.
- A TWRP custom recovery must be installed on your device, if you haven’t, follow this guide to install it.
- Create a Nandroid back up of important data including complete System with all apps and messages, follow this guide to create a Nandroid backup via TWRP recovery.
- Upgrade latest USB drivers for your device on PC. Download latest Samsung USB drivers here [For a stable PC-phone connection].
- Download Android 7.1.2 ViperOS Nougat ROM for Galaxy Note 2 N7100. Here [Pick up the latest build]
- Download Android 7.1.x Google Apps
- Now transfer both file on your device storage.
- Turn off your device and reboot into TWRP recovery.
- Once your device boots into recovery mode then follow this guide to flash Android 7.1.2 ViperOS Nougat ROM on your Galaxy Note 2 N7100 via TWRP recovery.
Solution to a failed boot issue.
Follow this guide to solve the bootloop issue. [If you think your device stuck at boot animation for quite a long time]
That’s it! If you have successfully installed the ROM on your device. Give us your feedback about Android 7.1.2 ViperOS Nougat ROM on your Galaxy Note 2 N7100 and stay tuned for more updates.