It’s start of May and Huawei has started rolling out Android 8.0 Oreo update for the long awaited Huawei Mate SE. The update is arriving as build 22.214.171.1240 for all the Mate SE variants via OTA, the OTA is now live as we speak. If you are getting impatient to update Android 8.0 Oreo firmware on your device then just follow the instructions below. The process is very simply, we have already posted guides with same process for other Huawei devices as well.
The Android 8.0 Oreo EMUI 8.0 update for Huawei Mate SE brings many new features packed inside it. You can download and install the 126.96.36.1990 official Android 8.0 Oreo firmware for Huawei Mate SE. You must need working internet connection to download the firmware as it is a major update so it would be slightly heavier so better to stay near a WiFi connection or unlimited data connection.
Device name: Huawei Mate SE
Android Version: Android 8.0 Oreo
EMUI Version: 8.0
Build Number: BND-L34 188.8.131.520
How to install stock Oreo 184.108.40.2060 firmware on Huawei Mate SE
Charge your device to a safe level, say 70%.
Download latest USB drivers for Huawei and install them on PC.
Backup your important date, including contacts, messages, WhatsApp conversation and even call logs.
Process to install stock Android 8.0 Oreo 220.127.116.110 firmware on Huawei Mate SE
- Create a folder name dload in the root directory of SD card.
- Now connect your device to PC and transfer the downloaded firmware update.app file in the same folder.
- Now Open phone dialer and then dial *#*#2846579#*#* to open a hidden menu
- Choose software upgrade from the menu and select SDCard Upgrade.
- Wait for the process to complete. Once completed reboot your device and enjoy the latest firmware on your device.
Follow the guide over at XDA
That’s it! If you have successfully updated Huawei Mate SE on Android 8.0 Oreo based 18.104.22.1680 firmware let us know and feel free to contact us.