How to boot Samsung into Download Mode & Recovery Mode
In this tutorial, we’ll show how to boot Samsung device into Download Mode and Recovery Mode. The Recovery mode and Download Mode on Samsung devices are used by the advance users for multiple purpose like, if you want to flash stock firmware on your device, flash custom recovery, root or installing custom kernel you need to boot your device into Download mode.
On the other hand Recovery mode is used for multiple functions too like, flashing custom ROM, SuperSU root package and other zip files used for tweaking the device. Recovery mode can be custom recovery or stock recovery, the recovery which comes with the device out of box is stock recovery and that recovery can only be used for flashing stock firmware or factory data reset etc.
We have posted this guide to show you the quickest method to reboot your Samsung device into Download Mode and Recovery Mode. The process is same on all Samsung device that’s why we are using the word all Samsung Galaxy devices.
How to enter Download/Odin Mode on Samsung
Follow these simple steps to learn how to boot your Samsung device into Download Mode.
- Power Off your device completely until you feel vibration in the end.
- Now Press and hold, Vol down + Home button simultaneously.
- While holding both Volume down and Home keys long press the power button at the same time.
- You will see the disclaimer on the screen and press Volume up to enter Odin/Download Mode on your device.
- The next screen you see after accepting the disclaimer is the Odin mode a.k.a Download mode.
How to enter Recovery mode on Samsung
The process to enter recovery mode is almost same but the keys combination is different.
- Turn off your Samsung device completely.
- Now Press and hold, Vol Up + Home button simultaneously.
- While holding both Volume Up and Home key, long press the power button at the same time.
- When the phone vibrates, let the Power button go off but keep pressing the Vol Up + Home.
- You will see the Samsung Logo with a blue text written above ‘Rebooting recovery’.
That’s it! You have successfully learned, how to enter download mode and recovery mode on Samsung Galaxy devices.