Great news for the owners of Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge, now you can install Galaxy S8 Plus ported ROM on your Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge any variant. The ROM is packed with all the features that are available in the Galaxy S8 firmware, the Galaxy S8 ported ROM for Galaxy S7 will give you a real feel of Galaxy S8 in your hand. In this guide we’ll show you, how to download and install Galaxy S8 Plus ported ROM on Galaxy S7/S7 Edge.
The Galaxy S8 ported ROM for S7 and S7 Edge is released by a developers at XDA, the developer worked on the Galaxy S8’s firmware and make it eligible to be installed on any Galaxy S7/S7 Edge as a port. This is infact great alternative for all those who are not going to spend $750 to buy the new Galaxy S8 Plus. Just go ahead and follow the instructions below to install Galaxy S8 ROM port on Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge.
Note: If you are new to process then we recommend you to carefully follow the whole process in sequence.
You can also: Download the official CyanogenMod 14.1 builds
How to install Galaxy S8 Plus ported ROM on Galaxy S7/S7 Edge
Some pre-requisites before you begin:
- Your device battery should be in good health (70%) to avoid the shutting down while in flashing process.
- A TWRP custom recovery must be installed on your device, if you haven’t, follow this guide to install it.
- Create a Nandroid back up of important data including complete System with all apps and messages, follow this guide to create a Nandroid backup via TWRP recovery.
- Install latest USB drivers for your device on PC. Download latest Samsung USB drivers here [For a stable PC-phone connection].
- Download Galaxy S8 Plus ported ROM for Galaxy S7/S7 Edge [OnTheEdgeLite S8+ Port 3.0]
- Download “Disable s8 Navbar for Port 3.0” file.
Download both files and transfer them on your device storage.
Process to install Galaxy S8 Plus ported ROM on Galaxy S7/S7 Edge
- Turn off your device and boot into TWRP recovery, follow this guide to see how to boot your Galaxy S7/S7 Edge into recovery mode.
- Once your device boots into recovery mode then follow this guide to flash Galaxy S8 ROM on Galaxy S7/S7 Edge via TWRP recovery.
Solution to a failed boot issue.
Follow this guide to solve the bootloop issue. [If you think your device stuck at boot animation for quite a long time]
That’s it! If you have successfully installed the Galaxy S8 Plus ROM on Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge give us your feedback and share this guide.