In this tutorial we are here to show you the step by step process to root and install TWRP recovery on Oukitel K10. The Oukitel K10 is a wonderful phablet with high end specifications and powered by a giant 11000mAh battery. Further digging deep inside the hardware, the device is equipped with octa core Helio P23 processor coupled with 6GB of RAM on board and 64GB internal storage. In the optics office, the device sports a 13MP Dual Camera setup on the rear and front. The box opened device runs on Android 7.1 Nougat, features, Type-C USB port and leather back.
The Oukitel K10 is a development friendly device that means you can easily install custom ROMs, Root and install TWRP recovery on it. Fortunately custom recovery TWRP is now available for Oukitel K10 thus in this all in one guide you will be able to install TWRP recovery on Oukitel K10 and then flash the SuperSU zip via TWRP recovery to obtain root access on Oukitel K10. Below we have listed the benefits of rooting and TWRP recovery, you can have an overview of them.
Advantages of TWRP Recovery
- With a TWRP recovery you can flash custom ROM on your device.
- TWRP recovery allows you flash any mod zip file for tweaking your device.
- Install new Xposed modules.
- You can create Nandroid Backup/Restore of your complete device.
- Allows you to flash overclocking and underclocking CPU kernel.
- You can even sideload firmware installation as well.
Advantages of Rooting
- A rooted device is more customizable then stock Android
- Once you root your device, you can access the system file for modifications.
- You can easily remove bloatware(carrier apps) from the device.
- In some cases rooted device is necessary for TWRP recovery flashing and unlocking bootloader.
How To Root And Install TWRP Recovery on Oukitel K10
Before you begin:
Charge your device battery to a safe level, it must be above 70%
Download and install latest Oukitel USB drivers on PC. Download here
Install ADB & Fastboot drivers on PC, follow this guide to install the adb-fastboot drivers within 15 seconds.
Enable USB debugging on your device. Go to Settings > Developer options > USB debugging.
If you can’t see the Developer options in settings menu, then you need to enable them. Go to Settings > About device > Tap the build number 7 times until it says ‘You are now a Developer’.
Ensure bootloader is unlocked!
How to install official TWRP 3.2.1-0 recovery on Oukitel K10
Download TWRP Recovery for Oukitel K10 – Download
Save the downloaded TWRP recovery file in a new folder on your PC and extract it.
Once the done with the TWRP recovery installation now follow the guide below to root Oukitel K10 via SuperSU.
How to root Oukitel K10 via SuperSU
That’s it! If you have successfully flashed TWRP recovery and rooted Oukitel K10, give us your feedback and share it the guide with others.