Here we go, if you own a Wileyfox Swift and looking for the stable Android 7.1.1 Nougat update for your device then we have great news for you. Team Lineage OS has released their latest official Lineage OS 14.1 Nightly build for Wileyfox Swift, now you got a perfect chance to run the latest version of Android on your device. The Wileyfox Swift itself is not going to see the Nougat update by it’s manufacturer, even Marshmallow too, may be considering it’s hardware the manufacturer stopped it’s support.
The Lineage OS 14.1 installation process is quite easy infact you need to follow in sequence and pay attentions on the instructions below. If you have a custom recovery like TWRP recovery installed on your device already then all you need to do is just flash the ROM zip from recovery along latest Lineage OS gapps and that’s it. For your ease we also mentioned the guide to install TWRP recovery on your Wileyfox Swift as well.
Note: If you are new to process then we recommend you to carefully follow the whole process in sequence.
You can also: Download the last CyanogenMod 14.1 builds
Process to install official Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on Wileyfox Swift
Some pre-requisites before you begin:
- Your device battery should be in good health (70%) to avoid the shutting down while in flashing process.
- A TWRP custom recovery must be installed on your device, if you haven’t, follow this guide to install it.
- Create a Nandroid back up of important data including complete System with all apps and messages, follow this guide to create a Nandroid backup via TWRP recovery.
- Install latest USB drivers for your device on PC. Download latest Wileyfox USB drivers here [For a stable PC-phone connection].
- Download Lineage OS 14.1 ROM for Wileyfox Swift [Pick up the latest build]
- Download Lineage OS 14.1/Android 7.1.x Google Apps
- Now transfer both file on your device storage.
- Turn off your device and reboot into TWRP recovery.
- Once your device boots into recovery mode then follow this guide to flash Lineage OS 14.1 on your Wileyfox Swift via TWRP recovery.
Solution to a failed boot issue.
Follow this guide to solve the bootloop issue. [If you think your device stuck at boot animation for quite a long time]
That’s it! If you have successfully installed official Lineage OS 14.1 Nougat on Wileyfox Swift. Give us your feedback about Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on your Wileyfox Swift and share this guide.