Here it goes, official Lineage OS 14.1 is now released for Xiaomi Redmi 1S code name ‘armani‘. Xiaomi Redmi 1S is an old device released back in 2014, the device is equipped with 1GB RAM, quad core processor and Andreno 305 GPU. On opening the box the device was running Android Jelly Bean but later it was up-gradable to Android KitKat so if you are still running the older KitKat firmware then here is great chance for you to run the latest version of Android on your Xiaomi Redmi 1S. Below we have mentioned the complete process to download and install official Lineage OS 14.1 nightly on Xiaomi Redmi 1S.
The process to flash official Lineage OS 14.1 on Redmi 1S is not a very difficult task infact you need to pay attentions on the instructions below. If you have a custom recovery like TWRP recovery installed on your device already then all you need to do is just flash the ROM zip from recovery along latest Lineage OS gapps and that’s it. For your ease we also mentioned the guide to install TWRP recovery on your device as well. The process to install Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on all devices is almost the same so we use the same process for Redmi 1S as well.
Process to install official Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on Xiaomi Redmi 1S
Some pre-requisites before you begin:
- Your device battery should be in good health (70%) to avoid the shutting down while in flashing process.
- A TWRP custom recovery must be installed on your device, if you haven’t, follow this guide to install it.
- Create a Nandroid back up of important data including complete System with all apps and messages, follow this guide to create a Nandroid backup via TWRP recovery.
- Upgrade latest USB drivers for your device on PC. Download latest Xiaomi USB drivers here [For a stable PC-phone connection].
- Download Lineage OS 14.1 ROM for Xiaomi Redmi 1S [Pick up the latest build]
- Download Lineage OS 14.1/Android 7.1.x Google Apps
- Now transfer both file on your device storage.
- Turn off your device and reboot into TWRP recovery.
- Once your device boots into recovery mode then follow this guide to flash Lineage OS 14.1 on your Xiaomi Redmi 1S via TWRP recovery.
Solution to a failed boot issue.
Follow this guide to solve the bootloop issue. [If you think your device stuck at boot animation for quite a long time]
Enable Root Access for Apps.
That’s it! If you have successfully installed official Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on your Xiaomi Redmi 1S, give us your feedback and stay tuned for more updates.