If you own a LG G2 Mini, then here we have great new for you, official Lineage OS 14.1 is finally here bringing in the latest features of Android 7.1.1 Nougat on your device. Of-course Lineage OS ROMs had gained more popularity since after the death of CyanogenMod, now loyal users are were waiting anxiously for the official Lineage OS to release. The official Nightly builds are rolling out for multiple devices that were previously eligible for CM 14.1 build. We are posting similar guides for all devices as the process is same to flash official Lineage OS 14.1 is same for every device.
LG G2 Mini is the younger brother of LG G2, the device got average hardware specs, released as a budget friendly device. The device runs of Android 4.4.2 KitKat but now here Team Lineage OS has given this device a new life by providing their official Lineage OS 14.1 build for LG G2 Mini. The processor and hardware specification passed the test for the running Android 7.1.1 Nougat smoothly so if you wish to see the latest version of Android on your device just go ahead and follow the instructions below.
The process to flash official Lineage OS 14.1 on LG G2 Mini is not very difficult task infact you need to pay attentions on the instructions below. If you have a custom recovery like TWRP recovery installed on your device already then all you need to do is just flash the ROM zip from recovery along latest Lineage OS gapps and that’s it. For your ease we also mentioned the guide to install TWRP recovery on your device as well. The process to install Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on all devices is almost the same so we use the same process for LG G2 Mini as well.
Process to install official Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on LG G2 Mini
Some pre-requisites before you begin:
- Your device battery should be in good health (70%) to avoid the shutting down while in flashing process.
- A TWRP custom recovery must be installed on your device, if you haven’t, follow this guide to install it.
- Create a Nandroid back up of important data including complete System with all apps and messages, follow this guide to create a Nandroid backup via TWRP recovery.
- Upgrade latest USB drivers for your device on PC. Download latest LG USB drivers here [For a stable PC-phone connection].
- Download Lineage OS 14.1 ROM for LG G2 Mini [Pick up the latest build]
- Download Lineage OS 14.1/Android 7.1.x Google Apps
- Now transfer both file on your device storage.
- Turn off your device and reboot into TWRP recovery.
- Once your device boots into recovery mode then follow this guide to flash Lineage OS 14.1 on your LG G2 Mini via TWRP recovery.
Solution to a failed boot issue.
Follow this guide to solve the bootloop issue. [If you think your device stuck at boot animation for quite a long time]
Enable Root Access for Apps.
That’s it! If you have successfully installed the ROM on your device. Give us your feedback about Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on your LG G2 Mini and stay tuned for more updates.