Team Lineage OS has released it’s official Lineage OS 14.1 Nightly build for OnePlus 3. The Lineage OS 14.1 is based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat, that means the latest version of Android available till date. We have recently posted similar guide for OnePlus 2 with official Lineage OS 14.1 and now in this guide you would be able to download and install official Lineage OS 14.1 on OnePlus 3. There are two build available at the moment, one is experimental and we recommend you to download the nightly build as it is stable and can be used as daily driver.
OnePlus 3 is released in the mid 2016, the device is well known for it’s decent specifications. OnePlus 3 is already given the Android 7.0 Nougat treat from OnePlus but if you wish to install custom Nougat firmware over stock then you are at the right place. If you consider the hardware strength, running latest version of Android on OnePlus is no big deal as we have seen the average devices with mediocre specifications running the Lineage ROM well.
The Lineage OS 14.1 installation process is quite easy infact you need to follow in sequence and pay attentions on the instructions below. If you have a custom recovery like TWRP recovery installed on your device already then all you need to do is just flash the ROM zip from recovery along latest Lineage OS gapps and that’s it. For your ease we also mentioned the guide to install TWRP recovery on your OnePlus 3 as well.
Note: If you are new to process then we recommend you to carefully follow the whole process in sequence.
You can also: Download the last CyanogenMod 14.1 builds
Process to install official Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on OnePlus 3
Some pre-requisites before you begin:
- Your device battery should be in good health (70%) to avoid the shutting down while in flashing process.
- A TWRP custom recovery must be installed on your device, if you haven’t, follow this guide to install it.
- Create a Nandroid back up of important data including complete System with all apps and messages, follow this guide to create a Nandroid backup via TWRP recovery.
- Install latest USB drivers for your device on PC. Download latest OnePlus USB drivers here [For a stable PC-phone connection].
- Download Lineage OS 14.1 ROM for OnePlus 3 [Pick up the latest build]
- Download Lineage OS 14.1/Android 7.1.x Google Apps
- Now transfer both file on your device storage.
- Turn off your device and reboot into TWRP recovery.
- Once your device boots into recovery mode then follow this guide to flash Lineage OS 14.1 on your OnePlus 3 via TWRP recovery.
Solution to a failed boot issue.
Follow this guide to solve the bootloop issue. [If you think your device stuck at boot animation for quite a long time]
That’s it! If you have successfully installed the ROM on your device. Give us your feedback about Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on your OnePlus 3 and share this guide.