If you are a LG G5 owner but still wish to have all the features of LG G6 on your device then you are at the right place. Here in this guide we are going to share with you a wonderful guide through which you can install complete LG G6 ROM port on LG G5.
Credit goes to the custom ROM developer for LG, xpirt, he gave the ROM name as Fulmics ROM 3.1 for the LG G5. We are using name ‘LG G6 ported ROM for LG G5’ for your ease, if you are new to custom ROM installation the process is mentioned with complete instructions.
The ROM brings all the stock features from LG G6 Nougat update, some of the screenshot from the ROM are also shared. The LG G6 ROM for LG G5 also brings LG G6 UX along Nougat update build NRD90U and April security patch on your device.
Note: If you are new to process then we recommend you to carefully follow the whole process in sequence.
You can also: Download the official CyanogenMod 14.1 builds
How to install LG G6 ported ROM on LG G5
Some pre-requisites before you begin:
- Your device battery should be in good health (70%) to avoid the shutting down while in flashing process.
- A TWRP custom recovery must be installed on your device, if you haven’t, follow this guide to install it.
- Create a Nandroid back up of important data including complete System with all apps and messages, follow this guide to create a Nandroid backup via TWRP recovery.
- Install latest USB drivers for your device on PC. Download latest LG USB drivers here [For a stable PC-phone connection].
- Download LG G6 ported ROM on LG G5 Fulmics ROM v3.0 [Full ROM 1.72GB]
- Download LG G6 ported ROM on LG G5 Fulmics ROM v3.1 [OTA 46.3MB]
Download the ROM file and transfer it on your device storage.
Process to install LG G6 ported ROM on LG G5
- Turn off your device and boot into TWRP recovery.
- Once your device boots into recovery mode then follow this guide to flash LG G6 ported ROM on LG G5 via TWRP recovery.
Solution to a failed boot issue.
Follow this guide to solve the bootloop issue. [If you think your device stuck at boot animation for quite a long time]
That’s it! If you have successfully installed the LG G6 ported ROM on LG G5 give us your feedback and share this guide.