In this guide we’ll show you, how to install Galaxy S8 Plus ported ROM on Galaxy S5 all variant. Galaxy S8 is the Samsung’s latest flagship device released recently, the device got impressive design, hardware and comes with the plethora to new features embedded into it’s Android 7.0 Nougat firmware. Galaxy S5 is an older device so the it is not going to taste Nougat update and will stay on Marshmallow forever. Thanks to Galaxy S8 ported ROM, the ROM brings all the latest Galaxy S8 TouchWiz UX features on Galaxy S5, that was previously running traditional TouchWiz UI. Thus giving your device a new look with more versatile features and greater look.
That is not all, infact the Galaxy S8 ROM for Galaxy S5 also bring multiple new features that were unavailable in any Samsung device before. The Galaxy S8 ported ROM for Galaxy S5 is released by a developers at XDA, the developer worked on the Galaxy S8’s firmware and make it eligible to be installed on any Galaxy S5 as a port. This is a best alternative for all those who are not going to spend $750 to buy the new Galaxy S8 Plus. Just go ahead and follow the instructions below to install Galaxy S8 ROM port on Galaxy S5. In the previous guide we have posted Galaxy S8 ROM for S7 and S7 Edge following the same method because method remains same.
Note: If you are new to process then we recommend you to carefully follow the whole process in sequence.
You can also: Download the official CyanogenMod 14.1 builds
How to install Galaxy S8 Plus ported ROM on Galaxy S5
Some pre-requisites before you begin:
- Your device battery should be in good health (70%) to avoid the shutting down while in flashing process.
- A TWRP custom recovery must be installed on your device, if you haven’t, follow this guide to install it.
- Create a Nandroid back up of important data including complete System with all apps and messages, follow this guide to create a Nandroid backup via TWRP recovery.
- Install latest USB drivers for your device on PC. Download latest Samsung USB drivers here [For a stable PC-phone connection].
- Download Galaxy S8 Plus ported ROM for Galaxy S5 [S5 DreamUX C9 Pro V1.zip]
Download the ROM file and transfer it on your device storage.
Process to install Galaxy S8 Plus ported ROM on Galaxy S5
- Turn off your device and boot into TWRP recovery, follow this guide to see how to boot your Galaxy S5 into recovery mode.
- Once your device boots into recovery mode then follow this guide to flash Galaxy S8 ROM on Galaxy S5 via TWRP recovery.
Solution to a failed boot issue.
Follow this guide to solve the bootloop issue. [If you think your device stuck at boot animation for quite a long time]
That’s it! If you have successfully installed the Galaxy S8 Plus ROM on Galaxy S5 give us your feedback and share this guide.