If you wish to install Galaxy S8 Plus ported ROM on your Galaxy Note 5 then you are at the right place. In this guide we are going to show you the step by step process to download and install Galaxy S8 ROM on Note 5 via I N F I N I T Y ROM. Galaxy S8 Plus runs on Android 7.0 Nougat out of box, Galaxy Note 5 also received stock Nougat update as well but the Galaxy S8 Nougat firmware is packed with plethora of new features and functions.
That is not all, infact the Galaxy S8 ROM for Galaxy Note 5 also bring multiple new features that are missing in Note 5. Galaxy Note 8 brings Experience UX TouchWiz interface with much polished featured and redesigned interface, so flashing Galaxy S8 Plus I N F I N I T Y ROM on Galaxy Note 5 will give you a feel of Galaxy S8 in your hand.
The Galaxy S8 ported ROM for Galaxy Note 5 is shared by a member on XDA, the developer worked on the Galaxy S8’s firmware and make it eligible to be installed on any Galaxy Note 5 as a port. This is a best alternative for all those who are not going to spend $750 to buy the new Galaxy S8 Plus. Just go ahead and follow the instructions below to install Galaxy S8 ROM port on Galaxy Note 5. In the previous guide we have posted Galaxy S8 ROM for S7 and S7 Edge following the same method because method remains same.
Note: If you are new to process then we recommend you to carefully follow the whole process in sequence.
You can also: Download the official CyanogenMod 14.1 builds
How to install Galaxy S8 Plus ported ROM on Galaxy Note 5
Some pre-requisites before you begin:
- Your device battery should be in good health (70%) to avoid the shutting down while in flashing process.
- A TWRP custom recovery must be installed on your device, if you haven’t, follow this guide to install it.
- Create a Nandroid back up of important data including complete System with all apps and messages, follow this guide to create a Nandroid backup via TWRP recovery.
- Install latest USB drivers for your device on PC. Download latest Samsung USB drivers here [For a stable PC-phone connection].
Download the ROM file and transfer it on your device storage.
Process to install Galaxy S8 Plus ported ROM on Galaxy Note 5
- Turn off your device and boot into TWRP recovery, follow this guide to see how to boot your Galaxy Note 5 into recovery mode.
- Once your device boots into recovery mode then follow this guide to flash Galaxy S8 ROM on Galaxy Note 5 via TWRP recovery.
Solution to a failed boot issue.
Follow this guide to solve the bootloop issue. [If you think your device stuck at boot animation for quite a long time]
Also read: Download Galaxy S8 stock apps for Note 5
That’s it! If you have successfully installed the Galaxy S8 Plus ROM on Galaxy Note 5 give us your feedback and share this guide.