Android 7.1.2 Nougat based Lineage OS 14.1 Huawei P8 Lite code name ‘alice’. In this guide we are discussing the process to download and install Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on Huawei P8 Lite. Just grab the firmware from the link below and install in on your Huawei P8 Lite by following the instructions below. The process to flash Lineage OS 14.1 on Huawei P8 Lite is not a very difficult task infact you need to pay attentions on the instructions below.
If you have a custom recovery like TWRP recovery installed on your device already then all you need to do is just flash the ROM zip from recovery along latest Lineage OS gapps and that’s it. For your ease we also mentioned the guide to install TWRP recovery on your device as well. The process to install Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on all devices is almost the same so we use the same process for Huawei P8 Lite as well.
Process to install Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on Huawei P8 Lite
Some pre-requisites before you begin:
- Your device battery should be in good health (70%) to avoid the shutting down while in flashing process.
- A TWRP custom recovery must be installed on your device, if you haven’t, follow this guide to install it.
- Create a Nandroid back up of important data including complete System with all apps and messages, follow this guide to create a Nandroid backup via TWRP recovery.
- Upgrade latest USB drivers for your device on PC. Download latest Huawei USB drivers here [For a stable PC-phone connection].
Visit the link below and pick up the latest build of Lineage OS 14.1.
- Download Android 7.1.2 Nougat based Lineage OS 14.1 ROM for Huawei P8 Lite (alice)
- Download Lineage OS 14.1/Android 7.1.x Google Apps
- Now transfer both file on your device storage.
- Turn off your device and reboot into TWRP recovery.
- If you don’t know how to reboot into recovery mode and flash Lineage OS ROM, simply follow this guide to flash Lineage OS 14.1 on your Huawei P8 Lite via TWRP recovery.
Solution to a failed boot issue.
Follow this guide to solve the bootloop issue. [If you think your device stuck at boot animation for quite a long time]
That’s it! If you have successfully installed the ROM on your device. Give us your feedback about Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on your Huawei P8 Lite and stay tuned for more updates.