Today in this guide we will let you know the process to install FTF firmware file via flash tool on Sony devices. Sony devices can be upgraded/downgraded using Sony flash tool, this tool is used to flash firmware with in FTF format. The tool works the same way as Odin for Samsung, the Sony flash tool gives you multiple options to choose whether you want to flash the clean installation or simply upgrade the firmware.
You can flash the firmware directly on your Sony device without waiting for the OTA or PC Companions the same firmware as Samsung’s Kies. The regional based firmware delay is the most common issue while getting the firmware via OTA so the best and the quickest method to update your device on latest firmware is using Sony flash tool. We have posted the complete instructions to flash Sony Xperia firmware FTF via flash tool all you to do is simply follow the instruction carefully.
How to flash Xperia firmware FTF using flash tool on Sony
Before you begin:
- Enable USB debugging >> Settings >> Developer options >> USB debugging.
- Your device should be charged minimum 70%.
- Download and upgrade Sony drivers for Windows PC. Here
- Download Sony Flash tool and install it on your PC.
- Download the firmware file and place it in the flashtool >> firmware folder [The referrer post should have mentioned the link]
- Now install the Flash tool drivers on PC as well, go to the location where you have installed the flash tool on PC, by default it is like, C:\Users\PC Name\flashtool.
- In the flashtool folder you’ll find drivers.exe, double click it to install it.
Process to install FTF firmware via Sony flash tool
- Once done with the above steps, it’s the time to run the Flashtool.exe
- Now in the Flashtool window, choose the flash device >> Flash mode and then select the firmware file you placed in the firmware folder.
- You can also check the Wipe, Userdata, app_log if you wish to clean install the new firmware. But this optional you can flash the firmware without these options as well.
- Now click ‘OK’ to start the firmware installation process.
- First it will load the selected firmware file, wait for it until it gets loaded completely.
- Now pick up your device and turn it off completely.
- Press and hold Vol down key and connect it to PC via USB cable.
- As soon as the Flashtool detects your phone, the installation process will start it self, just sit back and wait for it to complete.
That’s it! Your device will reboot itself one the process is completed. Contact us if you have any query.
Pic credit: XperiaBlog