This tutorial is about installing Official Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on Wingtech Redmi 2 code name ‘wt88047‘. Lineage OS ROM 14.1 is based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat that lets you experience the goodies and cool features of latest version of Android on your device. As you know CyanogenMod is closed now and users are relying on Lineage OS builds for their devices. Lineage OS ROM is based on AOSP source code along contribution from the Android developers community. Lineage OS 14.1 for Wingtech Redmi 2 is a nightly build but it is stable to be used for everyday use.
The Lineage OS 14.1 installation process is quite easy infact you need to follow in sequence and pay attentions on the instructions below. If you have a custom recovery like TWRP recovery installed on your device already then all you need to do is just flash the ROM zip from recovery along latest Lineage OS gapps and that’s it. For your ease we also mentioned the guide to install TWRP recovery on your Wingtech Redmi 2 as well.
Note: If you are new to process then we recommend you to carefully follow the whole process in sequence.
You can also: Download the last CyanogenMod 14.1 builds
Process to install official Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on Wingtech Redmi 2
Some pre-requisites before you begin:
- Your device battery should be in good health (70%) to avoid the shutting down while in flashing process.
- A TWRP custom recovery must be installed on your device, if you haven’t, follow this guide to install it.
- Create a Nandroid back up of important data including complete System with all apps and messages, follow this guide to create a Nandroid backup via TWRP recovery.
- Install latest USB drivers for your device on PC. Download latest Wingtech USB drivers here [For a stable PC-phone connection].
- Download Lineage OS 14.1 ROM for Wingtech Redmi 2 [Pick up the latest build]
- Download Lineage OS 14.1/Android 7.1.x Google Apps
- Now transfer both file on your device storage.
- Turn off your device and reboot into TWRP recovery.
- Once your device boots into recovery mode then follow this guide to flash Lineage OS 14.1 on your Wingtech Redmi 2 via TWRP recovery.
Solution to a failed boot issue.
Follow this guide to solve the bootloop issue. [If you think your device stuck at boot animation for quite a long time]
That’s it! If you have successfully installed official Lineage OS 14.1 Nougat on Wingtech Redmi 2. Give us your feedback about Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on your Wingtech Redmi 2 and share this guide.