Tutorial to install official MIUI fastboot firmware on Xiaomi devices via Mi flash tool.
Here we have posted the complete tutorial to flash the stock MIUI firmware OTA and MIUI fastboot file via Mi flash tool on Xiaomi devices. But before we begin the process let’s tell you the difference between these two method.
OTA Zip flash via Updater App: The MIUI firmware OTA zip can be flashed via updater app in the device. The Xiaomi devices with locked bootloader and un-rooted are eligible for this OTA zip installation method.
MIUI Fastboot firmware update method: On the other hand, the stock MIUI fastboot firmware file comes in tz or .tgz format. This method is applicable to those Xiaomi device that are bootloader unlocked or rooted and unable to receive the OTA update. The fastboot flash method requires a Mi flashtool to install the firmware, the method is also helpful if you have accidentally bricked your Xiaomi device or stuck at bootloop.
How to install MIUI OTA/fastboot ROM on all Xiaomi devices
Before you begin:
Your device should be charged minimum 70% to avoid turn off during the installation process.
You must have a recovery flashable Global Stable MIUI ROM OTA zip for your device.
How to install Stock Firmware OTA on Xiaomi devices via updater app
Just follow these simple steps to install stock MIUI firmware OTA zip via updater app.
- Connect your device to PC via USB cable.
- Now transfer the downloaded ROM OTA zip from PC to phone’s internal storage.
- Disconnect the device from PC, now naviagte to the updater application on your Xiaomi device.
- Click the three-dot menu at top right and then select the option ‘Choose update package’.
- It’s the time to select the Global Stable MIUI ROM OTA zip you copied earlier and start the installation process.
- Once the installation process is completed simply reboot your device.
That’s all about the process to install MIUI ROM Zip via updater app.
How to install Stock Firmware MIUI fastboot ROM on Xiaomi devices
Create a safe back up of your device before begin the flashing process.
Download latest USB drivers for your device and install them on PC.
Download and install the latest Mi Flash Tool on your PC. [Needs Sign in to download the tool]
Download the Global state MIUI fastboot ROM
Process to update:
- Now boot your Xiaomi device into fastboot mode. To do so, Turn off your device completely and then Press and hold Vol down + power button simultaneously until your Xiaomi device enters fastboot.
- Now again connect your device to PC and launch the Mi Flash tool.
- On the Mi flash tool screen click ‘browse’ and choose the download the MIUI Fastboot ROM you wish to flash and then click ‘OK’.
- Click on Refresh button to ensure that your Xiaomi device is recognized by Mi Flash tool.
- Now click on ‘Flash’ button to start the installation process and wait for it till it completely flashed on your device. The progress bar will turn completely green once the process is completed.
Once the process is completed, reboot your device and enjoy the latest firmware.
Source MIUI forum