After posting similar guide for international variant of HTC One Max, now Verizon’s HTC One Max has received official Lineage OS 14.1 ROM from Team Lineage OS. The Lineage OS 14.1 ROM means you are going to see the latest version of Android on your device, being too old the device will stay on Android 5.1 Lollipop with no further updates from HTC. Although HTC has already rolled out official Nougat updates to it’s latest devices including HTC 10 and HTC One A9.
The older devices like HTC One Max & One M7 are not getting the Nougat update so the only way to get the latest version of Android on your device is by installing it via AOSP ROMs and that what we are going to do in this guide. Android 7.1.1 Nougat based Official Lineage OS 14.1 Nightly builds are now available for Verizon HTC One Max, the download link to Official Lineage OS 14.1 for HTC One Max is mentioned in the guide below.
HTC One Max is an older but it’s hardware is powerful enough to run the Lineage OS 14.1 smoothly. If you are interested in flashing Official Lineage OS 14.1 on your HTC One Max just grab the firmware and follow the guide to install it on your device. The Lineage OS 14.1 installation process is quite easy infact you need to follow in sequence and pay attentions on the instructions below. If you have a custom recovery like TWRP recovery installed on your device already then all you need to do is just flash the ROM zip from recovery along latest Lineage OS gapps and that’s it. For your ease we also mentioned the guide to install TWRP recovery on your HTC One Max Verizon as well.
Note: If you are new to process then we recommend you to carefully follow the whole process in sequence.
You can also: Download the last CyanogenMod 14.1 builds
Process to install official Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on Verizon HTC One Max
Some pre-requisites before you begin:
- Your device battery should be in good health (70%) to avoid the shutting down while in flashing process.
- A TWRP custom recovery must be installed on your device, if you haven’t, follow this guide to install it.
- Create a Nandroid back up of important data including complete System with all apps and messages, follow this guide to create a Nandroid backup via TWRP recovery.
- Install latest USB drivers for your device on PC. Download latest HTC USB drivers here [For a stable PC-phone connection].
- Download Lineage OS 14.1 ROM for HTC One Max [Pick up the latest build]
- Download Lineage OS 14.1/Android 7.1.x Google Apps
- Now transfer both file on your device storage.
Process to install official Lineage OS 14.1 on Verizon HTC One Max
- Turn off your device and reboot into TWRP recovery.
- Once your device boots into recovery mode then follow this guide to flash Lineage OS 14.1 on your HTC One Max via TWRP recovery.
Solution to a failed boot issue.
Follow this guide to solve the bootloop issue. [If you think your device stuck at boot animation for quite a long time]
That’s it! If you have successfully installed the ROM on your device. Give us your feedback about Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on your HTC One Max Verizon and share this guide.