Finally Lineage OS 14.1 Nightly is now available for Moto Z Play! In this guide we’ll help you on, how download and install official Lineage OS 14.1 on Moto Z Play code name ‘addison’. The official Lineage OS 14.1 for Moto Z Play is based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat, as you all know that Moto Z Play has already tasted the official Nougat flavor just a few weeks back. Yet there are some users who prefer custom ROMs over stock firmware, if you are one of them then we recommend you try the official Lineage OS 14.1 build on Moto Z Play.
We have post our previous guide on Nexus 7 2013 using same process and same tutorial. The process to flash official Lineage OS 14.1 on Moto Z Play is not very difficult task infact you need to pay attentions on the instructions below. If you have a custom recovery like TWRP recovery installed on your device already then all you need to do is just flash the ROM zip from recovery along latest Lineage OS gapps and that’s it. For your ease we also mentioned the guide to install TWRP recovery on your device as well.
Note: If you are new to process then we recommend you to carefully follow the whole process in sequence.
You can also: Download the last CyanogenMod 14.1 builds
Process to install official Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on Moto Z Play
Some pre-requisites before you begin:
- Your device battery should be in good health (70%) to avoid the shutting down while in flashing process.
- A TWRP custom recovery must be installed on your device, if you haven’t, follow this guide to install it.
- Create a Nandroid back up of important data including complete System with all apps and messages, follow this guide to create a Nandroid backup via TWRP recovery.
- Upgrade latest USB drivers for your device on PC. Download latest Motorola USB drivers here [For a stable PC-phone connection].
- Download Lineage OS 14.1 ROM for Moto Z Play [Pick up the latest build]
- Download Lineage OS 14.1/Android 7.1.x Google Apps
- Now transfer both file on your device storage.
Process to install official Lineage OS 14.1 on Moto Z Play
- Turn off your device and reboot into TWRP recovery.
- Once your device boots into recovery mode then follow this guide to flash Lineage OS 14.1 on your Moto Z Play via TWRP recovery.
Solution to a failed boot issue.
Follow this guide to solve the bootloop issue. [If you think your device stuck at boot animation for quite a long time]
That’s it! If you have successfully installed the ROM on your device. Give us your feedback about Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on your Moto Z Play and stay tuned for more updates.