Here another Motorola device device is blessed with the official Lineage OS 14.1 Nightly update. Moto G Turbo Edition code name ‘merlin’ has been given the Android 7.1.1 Nougat based official lineage OS 14.1 nightly ROM, the build is pretty stable and can be used as daily drivers, we have been posting updated guides on any new Lineage OS build released for any Motorola device as well as devices from other manufacturers. We aim to bring you all the best content we can write for you, so that you can get best possible information from our blog. Now we are going to show you the step by step process to download and install the official Lineage OS 14.1 based Android 7.1.1 Nougat on your Moto G Turbo Edition.
Moto G Turbo is a great device regarding hardware specifications, the device is released back in November 2015. The device got much popularity for it’s low price tag and decent specifications, Moto G Turbo belongs to the family of Moto G series, Motorola made changes from time to time in each new G series device. Moto G Turbo is capable of running Android 7.1.1 Nougat firmware smoothly because under the housing the device is equipped with a octa core processor, Andreno 405 GPU and 2GB of RAM power with 2470mAh battery. The factory installed Android 5.1.1 Lollipop was later upgraded to Android Marshmallow now here you are going to flash the Android 7.1.1 Nougat firmware on it.
The process to flash official Lineage OS 14.1 on Moto G Turbo is not a very difficult task infact you need to pay attentions on the instructions below. If you have a custom recovery like TWRP recovery installed on your device already then all you need to do is just flash the ROM zip from recovery along latest Lineage OS gapps and that’s it. For your ease we also mentioned the guide to install TWRP recovery on your device as well. The process to install Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on all devices is almost the same so we use the same process for Moto G Turbo as well.
Process to install official Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on Moto G Turbo
Some pre-requisites before you begin:
- Your device battery should be in good health (70%) to avoid the shutting down while in flashing process.
- Bootloader on your device must be unlocked or follow this guide to unlock it.
- A TWRP custom recovery must be installed on your device, if you haven’t, follow this guide to install it.
- Create a Nandroid back up of important data including complete System with all apps and messages, follow this guide to create a Nandroid backup via TWRP recovery.
- Upgrade latest USB drivers for your device on PC. Download latest Motorola USB drivers here [For a stable PC-phone connection].
- Download Lineage OS 14.1 ROM for Moto G Turbo [Pick up the latest build]
- Download Lineage OS 14.1/Android 7.1.x Google Apps
- Now transfer both file on your device storage.
- Turn off your device and reboot into TWRP recovery.
- Once your device boots into recovery mode then follow this guide to flash Lineage OS 14.1 on your Moto G Turbo via TWRP recovery.
Solution to a failed boot issue.
Follow this guide to solve the bootloop issue. [If you think your device stuck at boot animation for quite a long time]
Enable Root Access for Apps.
That’s it! If you have successfully installed the ROM on your device. Give us your feedback about Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on your Moto G Turbo and stay tuned for more updates.