Official Lineage OS 14.1 for Moto G 4G 2014 is available to download here at droidvendor.com. The official Lineage OS 14.1 build is based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat, packed with multiple new and improved feature. This guide is about helping you on each single to download and install official Lineage OS 14.1 on Moto G 4G 2nd gen. We have posted the same guide for other motorola device, we cannot change the process as it might get a bit confusing for you and secondly it is also same for almost all the Motorola devices.
The Moto G 4G 2014 is the successor to Moto G 4G 2013 in the budget line G series devices. The Moto G 4G 2014 has some improved hardware specification as compared to it’s predecessor, it is equipped with a Quad Core processor, 1GB of RAM remains the same, but it got some major improvements like, bigger display, LTE supported, 8MP auto-focus camera and on the front a 2MP cam as well. The device comes with Android Lollipop but now you can even go further and flash the latest version of Android available till date via official Lineage OS 14.1.
The process to flash official Lineage OS 14.1 on Moto G 4G 2014 is not a very difficult task infact you need to pay attentions on the instructions below. If you have a custom recovery like TWRP recovery installed on your device already then all you need to do is just flash the ROM zip from recovery along latest Lineage OS gapps and that’s it. For your ease we also mentioned the guide to install TWRP recovery on your device as well. The process to install Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on all devices is almost the same so we use the same process for Moto G 4G 2014 as well.
Process to install official Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on Moto G 4G 2014
Some pre-requisites before you begin:
- Your device battery should be in good health (70%) to avoid the shutting down while in flashing process.
- Bootloader on your device must be unlocked or follow this guide to unlock it.
- A TWRP custom recovery must be installed on your device, if you haven’t, follow this guide to install it.
- Create a Nandroid back up of important data including complete System with all apps and messages, follow this guide to create a Nandroid backup via TWRP recovery.
- Upgrade latest USB drivers for your device on PC. Download latest Motorola USB drivers here [For a stable PC-phone connection].
- Download Lineage OS 14.1 ROM for Moto G 4G 2014 [Pick up the latest build]
- Download Lineage OS 14.1/Android 7.1.x Google Apps
- Now transfer both file on your device storage.
- Turn off your device and reboot into TWRP recovery.
- Once your device boots into recovery mode then follow this guide to flash Lineage OS 14.1 on your Moto G 4G 2014 via TWRP recovery.
Solution to a failed boot issue.
Follow this guide to solve the bootloop issue. [If you think your device stuck at boot animation for quite a long time]
Enable Root Access for Apps.
That’s it! If you have successfully installed the ROM on your device. Give us your feedback about Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on your Moto G 4G 2014 ‘thea’ and stay tuned for more updates.