Huawei is seeding Android 7.0 Nougat based July security patch update to Huawei P9 Plus in Asia. The update is released via OTA and users have reported receiving the update on their P9 plus as build number VIE-L29C636B382 with EMUI 5.0 and Android 7.0 Nougat upgrade.
The Nougat update brings many new features packed inside it, some of the main feature are embedded in the update. You can download and install the VIE-L29C636B382 stock official Nougat firmware for Huawei P9 Plus, just grab the firmware from the link and follow the instructions below.
Device name: Huawei P9 Plus
Android Version: Android 7.0 Nougat
EMUI Version: 5.0
Build Number: VIE-L29C636B382
SPL: July 1 2017
How to install stock Nougat VIE-L29C636B382 firmware on Huawei P9 Plus
Charge your device to a safe level, say 70%.
Download latest USB drivers for Huawei and install them on PC.
Backup your important date, including contacts, messages, WhatsApp conversation and even call logs.
Process to install stock Nougat VIE-L29C636B382 firmware on Huawei P9 Plus
- Create a folder name dload in the root directory of SD card.
- Now connect your device to PC and transfer the downloaded firmware update.zip file in the same folder.
- Now head towards Settings > Update and press the menu key.
- Choose local update and then select the update.app file to start the installation process.
- Wait for the process to complete. Once completed reboot your device and enjoy the latest firmware on your device.
That’s it! If you have successfully updated Huawei P9 Plus on Android 7.0 Nougat based VIE-L29C636B382 firmware let us know and feel free to contact us.