Android Oreo, Android Oreo, right now this has become the most hot topic of now a days. Android 8.0 Oreo which is Google’s latest OS update has been released by search giant for it’s Nexus and Pixel units months ago while other OEM’s some of them are testing it for their devices and some have already rolled out as beta updates. Korean Tech giant Samsung which is known as the most active OEM for delivering regular OS update for it’s devices has now rolled out Android 8.0 Oreo for it’s flagship line including Galaxy S8, S8 Plus and now the Note 8 is getting it.
The release of Oreo update for Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus is known to every one because both devices are already running Oreo beta while Note 8 Oreo has been released out of no where. Although the update was expected to be released for Galaxy Note 8 Exynos units months ago but today a Reddit user has posted the images of Android Oreo update he got on his device. The update arrived on his device as build R16NW.N950FXXU2CRA1.DM, which brings goodies of Android Oreo along latest security patches as well. You can see the complete list of improvements and bug fixes in the screenshot below.
- Update to the keyboard
- Picture in picture support (so far I have noticed it in YouTube and google maps)
- App specific long press menus from launcher (can no longer put apps to sleep from that menu or open app settings)
- Secure folder can be set to stay unlocked until the screen goes to sleep
- Autofill API support (with bio-metrics) for all apps, and browser
- Colored media notifications
- Notification categories
- Customization options for notification badges
- Keyboard uses gify for gif search support (doesn’t work in gboard with stock messaging still)
- More edge lighting options
- Ability to ONLY view Samsung cloud items
- Ability to backup Samsung secure folder in Samsung cloud
- Bluetooth, high-quality audio codecs
- Manage passwords of Samsung and third party apps with Samsung pass
If you are getting impatient for the firmware then we have posted each possible way below through which you can get the update right on your device. The stock Android 8.0 Oreo N950FXXU2CRA1.DM firmware can be updated via Kies as well, but we recommend you try the OTA update first, go to Settings > About device > Check software updates.
You can also install stock Android 8.0 Oreo N950FXXU2CRA1.DM firmware on Galaxy Note 8 using Samsung Kies, here we have posted a guide to update Samsung firmware via Kies.
Device Name: Samsung Galaxy Note 8
Android version: Android 8.0 Oreo
Build Number: R16NW.N950FXXU2CRA1.DM
Android Security Patch Level:
How to install N950FXXU2CRA1 stock Oreo on Galaxy Note 8 N950F
Your device should be charged 70% at minimum to avoid shutting down during the process.
Enable USB Debugging. Go to Settings > Developer Options > Enable USB debugging
Back up your important data.
Download Odin tool 3.12.3 from this link
Download the latest USB drivers for Samsung from this link and then install them on PC.
Process to install Android 8.0 Oreo N950FXXU2CRA1 update on Galaxy Note 8
Download the firmware from the link below.
Then turn off your device completely.
Now boot your device into Download Mode, to do so follow this guide
Once in download Mode, follow this guide to update stock Oreo firmware on Galaxy Note 8 via Odin.
links will be added soon till then try OTA and Kies method.
That’s it! If this guide helped you, please share it with others, Thank You.