In this guide you would be able to download and install unofficial Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on Xiaomi Mi 4C. The ROM is based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat the latest version of Android available till date, further you would love to hang around the latest Nougat eye catching features. The Lineage OS 14.1 ROM for Xiaomi Mi 4C is not much different from the CM14.1 ROM because Lineage OS is currently running on the same CM source code.
Xiaomi Mi 4C is released two years back but it carries a powerful hardware including Qualcomm Snapdragon 808 chipset, Hexa-core processor designed for better multitasking, Andreno 418 GPU along 3GB of RAM on board. The device runs on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop but now it will be running the latest Android 7.1.1 Nougat firmware. The hardware specifications are good enough to run the Nougat firmware smoothly.
Just follow the guide below to install Android 7.1.1 Nougat based Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on Xiaomi Mi 4c. The process is very simple if you have a pre-install custom recovery on your device, we also mentioned the guide to install TWRP recovery on your device as well. If you are new to process then we recommend you to pay attention on the whole process care-fully and follow the instructions as mentioned.
Process to flash Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on Xiaomi Mi 4c
Some pre-requisites before you begin:
- Your device battery should be in good health (70%) to avoid the shutting down while in flashing process.
- A TWRP custom recovery must be installed on your device, if you haven’t, follow this guide to install it.
- Create a Nandroid back up of important data including complete System with all apps and messages, follow this guide to create a Nandroid backup via TWRP recovery.
- Upgrade latest USB drivers for Xiaomi on PC. Download here [For a stable PC-phone connection].
- Download Lineage OS 14.1 ROM for Xiaomi Mi 4c
- Download Lineage OS 14.1/Android 7.1.x Google Apps
- Now transfer both file on your device storage.
- Turn off your device and reboot into TWRP recovery.
- Once your device boots into recovery mode then follow this guide to flash Lineage OS 14.1 on your Xiaomi Mi 4c via TWRP recovery.
Solution to a failed boot issue.
Follow this guide to solve the bootloop issue. [If you think your device stuck at boot animation for quite a long time]
That’s it! We hope this guide helped you. Give us your feedback about Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on your Xiaomi Mi 4c and stay tuned for more updates.